Thread: Wilson Tackle Lift your Game!!!!!!!

Wilson Tackle Lift your Game!!!!!!!

Ok Guys time for a rant!!! i am sick and tired of supporting local companies that supply so called QUALITY gear only to fin out its made in china and not realy any better than i could get overseas. I have been resisting buying off ebay etc but enough is enough! To shed some light on the latest happenings: I missed place my 4 year old set of bent nosed pliers so went to the local Noosa localy owned tackle shop and purchased not the made in china brand of pliers but the ones distributed by Wilson tackle stainless steel with extra something coating, which were dearer by around $20. than the cheap shut ones! off i went to 1770 had 4 days fishing got back to land washed everything down went out the next day grabbed the 6 day old quality wilson pliers only to discover there was more rust on them than an EH Holden!!!!! rummaged around and found my 4 year old ones that are still as good as the day i got them!!! when i got back to Noosa thought i would take them back as i figured i i dont think i should have to buy a set of $50. pliers each time i go fishing, any way after being told that i probably should look after my gear better and spray them with wd40 they will last for years!!!! they did however offer that if i would like to pay more i could get the next level up, but i thought bugger that been bitten once ill keep what ive got and try to kleen them up, thought i would do the right thing and sent wilson tackle an email explaining exactly what went on but obviously there customer support is to busy to respond to there customers so never heard a thing!! fuuny that as i had sent them an email about a rod that we brought that wasnt up to scratch either but no response from them about that either! So i figure STUFF THem i can get the same response if i buy all my future fishing gear from overseas which may just ease Wilson Tackle work load just a bit so maybe they can respond to there other customers problems!!! Rant over, Come on Aussie offer some service!!!!!!!

Re: Wilson Tackle Lift your Game!!!!!!!

sounds exactly like the ones i bought and used them once and the next time they had rust starting to form so had to spray them with lanolin not good for a stainless steel product

Same with the Penn reels i bought got home made in china stickers ?
    Product of the USA it has it on the box?
    Used twice and corrosion on the screws already
    should take em back

I'll ad my 0.5 cents worth about Wilson products.
    I bought a Wilson branded fish bat. It's so light it's pretty much useless and after only a few attempted uses on fish it is looking like a golf ball on the end!

Completely opposite to the service I received from them last year.
    After exchanging 3 faulty air pumps that I received from BCF ( Finally asked and got a refund plus a $20 voucher from BCF for the inconvenience) I emailed wilsons saying that they had a quality control problem with the product.
    3 weeks later I received a parcel containing a new working air pump,a wilson hat and a wilson T shirt accompanied with a letter stating that there was a faulty batch of airpumps that had been recalled .
    Cannot complain about that.
    Cheers
    Ray.
    Ps the air pump is still going 24 hours a day.

I would have never called Wilson a supplier of quality products ........ They generally supply products for the mass market & more often than not - you get what you pay for .
    I cant think of too many Wilson products that were anything but average (or less) - be it a bait pump , tool or rod
    Keep in mind that Wilson are predominantly a distributor.......

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO