Thread: I-pilot issue

I-pilot issue

Hey, I have a 12v 55lbs i-pilot and bought it 10months ago (in Aus) and havent had any issues except today i went to use it and I could get it to turn in any direction. I could still power the prop and make it go but unable to turn at all or use spot-lock.
    I will be trying to contact retailer but just wondering if anyones had any similar issues or if there is a quick fix? Bit worried about sending it away as I am off to lakefield in 3 wks!!
    Gone fishin', be back at dark-thirty!

Re: I-pilot issue

Where are you aidbox?

Minn Kotas are serviced and repaired by BLA at Murrarie/Hendra and you will still be covered by warranty. Repairs are usually completed well within a week so I would get on my bike and send it/deliver it to them asap...

Hey mate I am in Cardwell (hinchinbrook) so that is my biggest worry

You've done the unplug it thing (power) ? ...... let it reset .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    You've done the unplug it thing (power) ? ...... let it reset .

Chris
    Yeah mate have done all of that and the 'learn' thing a few different ways, cheers

Give BLA a call & ask for technical support. Their service desk is quite helpfull in my experience. You may be able to solve the problem over the phone?

You most likely have got rusted up bearings in the steering assembly. Had the same problem with mine. Have you got any rusty stains on the shaft and mount area? BLA fixed mine under warranty with Teflon replacements.

Thanks for the tip Perko. I rang them today & asked about rust marks on the shaft. "yep, bring it in mate & we'll replace the bearings.", which gave me the impression it happens to all ST's in saltwater.
    It's got me thinking why isn't there a product recall if the unit isn't fit for purpose? The two year warranty period comes around very quickly..... Thanks again for your post.

thanks for all the help and feedback. I have bubble wrapped it and organised it to e sent down. Fingers crossed its back in time for the big trip!