Thread: Sign - in

Question Sign - in

Lately I have to login with my username and password every time even if I tick the remember me box. I have never had to do this in the past. Am I doing something wrong, has the system changed or is it something wrong in my computer. I know it doesn't take long to log-in, but i liked the simplicity I used to have. Your assistance would be appreciated.

Jeff
    Quality is still delivering long after you have forgotten the price.

I don't have a clue..... But maybe try logging in and click inside the site somewhere ( maybe 'what's new' ) then add to your browser favourites.

Now close all browser windows down then open browser try the newly created favourite.

If that doesn't work then I am out of ideas... Good luck with it.

Re: Sign - in

Gidday Jeff

I am having the same problem. Never happened in the past but is happening all the time now

Mal

clear cookies on your browser and try again. How to do this depends on the browser you are using.

I think it could be an Internet Explorer issue as I am having the same problem on a few different sites that require a log in. Buoyweather and Google calendar are the others I am having to sign in manually each time I visit the site, google calendar is the biggwest PITA as I am constantly logging in to check on jobs.

On my version of IE (IE8), to clear cookies, select tools on the left hand side at the top, choose internet options, general tab, about half way down is browsing history. Delete temporary files, history, cookies... Click on the Delete Button.

Its funny that you don't have any problems using the older browser Andy, I am using IE 9 on both of my computers and I have the browser history set to delete all history except for form data, passwords and active x filtering when closing the internet and still have to log on manually every time I visit the site.

I know IE 9 had a few issues when it first came out but they did eventually sort out most of them, maybe they have changed something in an update with the IE 9 settings that is causing the log on problem.

Quote Originally Posted by marto78 View Post
    Its funny that you don't have any problems using the older browser Andy, I am using IE 9 on both of my computers and I have the browser history set to delete all history except for form data, passwords and active x filtering when closing the internet and still have to log on manually every time I visit the site.

I know IE 9 had a few issues when it first came out but they did eventually sort out most of them, maybe they have changed something in an update with the IE 9 settings that is causing the log on problem.
    I dont use IE, I use chrome.

However, if you are deleting cookies everytime you close the browser it will clear all the cookies that remember your log in details. The cookies save the session state, and the forum will check the cookie to see if you are logged in or not. If you delete it, then it does not know, so you have to log in again.

If this is the case Andy can you explain to me why me and the other guys only started having this problem a few days ago? I haven't changed any settings either.