Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 Meter Cod at last

Re: 1 Meter Cod at last

That is unreal. A trophy you will never forget

Hi Baz,
    Bloody nice fish mate. Reckon there would be more than one there too.
    We used to see a lot of that weed up there years back on the Aberdeen hole especially when the dam is full.
    For some reason the cod used to like sitting just under the edge of it and snapping at anything that swam past.
    Copeton is reasonably full still.

We are getting warmer weather over here on the coast now and I am starting to get itchy feet for a bit of freshwater fishing but Bass do not do it for me at all.
    Looking forward to hitting the dams up there when summer comes.
    Cheers, steve

G'day Steve yea mate there def is more than that up there, but the weed is prob 200m long & the full width of the river, they would be hiding under there..I even tried to cast a big spinnerbait into it & the lure just sat on top.. the dam is 100% now & nearly a kilometer above Abberdeen..

Baz

Nice work Baz.

Mate I would love to boat a fish like that...Awesome.

BINGO (Dave)

Well done Baz & welcome to the metre club! Take your mind off the crook leg (at least for a while). I have not been up there for a few months and was unaware of the weed. Will be interesting to see how long it sticks around. Great effort, congratulations.

Good stuff Barry...someone here said to me last night.."by the time I get home from work tonight it will be bass season"......my sarcastic reply was ..."whats a bass?"...just havn't been able to get back into bass since I discovered cod........Its Rabbi's fault

Quote Originally Posted by stonecold View Post
    Good stuff Barry...someone here said to me last night.."by the time I get home from work tonight it will be bass season"......my sarcastic reply was ..."whats a bass?"...just havn't been able to get back into bass since I discovered cod........Its Rabbi's fault
    No mate they are a great fish to catch & a beautiful fish to look at...

Baz

Yeah Baz, but I have never had a Bass "nearly pull me off my seat" as you so well put it!!

Have they finished the new spillway there at Copeton yet?

I reckon there would be a lot of traffic out to see the dam full as its a once a decade event.

We have Bass in the creek behind our place but I seem to be driving past it all the time to get to the big shiny fish in the main river.
    And besides that, I need to take my cod lures for a swim again

Those big cod hits are worth it every time.
    Cheers, steve.

Spillway is very close to finished Steve & the Dam look's great but i would rather see it at around 30% for fishing (more structure to cast at)

Baz

The irrigation mob wil sort that out for you mate but in the meantime the fish will be getting bigger feeding up with all that fresh ground covered.
    I like it when its 30% or less.
    Will have to go and have a look when it warms up.
    Cheers.steve