Thread: Seadoo GTI SE155 and Yamaha VX Cruiser

Seadoo GTI SE155 and Yamaha VX Cruiser

G'day All

First post to the forum so please be gentle..........

My wife and I are looking at buying a jetski in the next week - I'm sure our story is like many, the main three reasons we are buying is as follows:

- to create some great memories and weekends with the kids tubing etc (7 and 5 year olds);
    - for me to have some fun when I get time;
    - to do some fishing (sick of unreliable fishing buddies, love going out on my own but hate manhandling the heavy boat without a partner etc).

My main query is around the fishing component - I see many people who are really into their fishing have the larger skis like the Yamaha FX HO etc. However given that this is our first ski and we have a budget I am looking at the cheaper models (the wife is an accountant so I have a strict budget).

I am looking at the above mentioned skis - they both seem to suit our needs and budget. We also plan to buy new.
    My main questions are as follows:

- are both skis stable at rest for fishing, I notice they are not as long as the "Yamaha FX HO" but is this really that big a difference;
    - does anyone have personal experience fishing of the back of either of these;
    - are the both good skis for what we have outlined above .

In terms of fishing I understrand stability will be somewhat related to weather conditions but I'm really looking at generally good weather conditions and generally are they stable enough etc. Most of my fishing would be enclosed waters but it would be great to take to Palm Beach Reef QLD and the Sunshine Coast (Brays Rock etc) - and a pipe dream might be to join other keen people in numbers to head out wider when I get more experience.

Does this all make sense - apologise for long post.

Cheers

Brad

I know there is a whole heap of options i.e. buy a better model second hand etc but based on above I would really appreciate feedback.

Re: Seadoo GTI SE155 and Yamaha VX Cruiser

I got the gti 130 same as the 155 its stable as for a small ski im 110kg and can stand on one side comfortably. I have taken it where there is some pretty big stuff and it was stable in that. So hope this helps cheers hally

Hi If you are looking to fish of the jetski dont go for a cruiser as the seats have a slight back in them and you cant sit backwards to fish as all your gear is set up on the back of the jetski, check the setups on some of the jetskis that are around. John

Mate: harden up, buy a boat. You will look silly towing a picnic table, beach brolley and esky on a raft over to Tangas.
    How many you allowed on a ski ?

look at a Zego. i was taking mine off palm beach reef every chance last year, and will again when i fly back for xmas.

I have a gti se 155 set up for fishing that i regularly fish out the sunshine coast with. highly recommend it,custom build an esky yourself nothing better for rounding up the tuna

hey mate,
    ive got a vx cruiser and the seats dont pose much if any issue at all, im 86kg and can stand on one side no worries at all. and probably more within the price range. i paid 7k fpr an 08 vx cruiser 70hrs as my first ski.

love fishing off the thing!

good luck with it.
    Robb