Thread: Wellington Point Boat Ramp.......Finally Success!!!

Wellington Point Boat Ramp.......Finally Success!!!

Hi all,

Just wanted to post some positive news for all of us sick and tired of the illegal parking going on at the ramps and in particular my local ramp at Wellington Point.

I was there on Sunday afternoon with the kids and the parking inspectors were finally there booking the rude ignorant people parking in the boat/trailer spots. After all the whinging and emails to council from a few of us they are finally booking people which I think is great!!!

I went up to the inspectors (who never usually get any positive support), and thanked them for being there, writing tickets. They must have booked at least 30 cars I reckon because all of them in the boat/trailer spots were ticketed.......you should have saw the people come running when they saw the inspector at their car........it was great!!!! The Council must have made a killing in fines and good on them.

Hopefully it stops the repeat offenders and gives us boaties back our parking spots.

Thanks heaps to all of you who have supported the cause......keep writing the emails to Council and Wendy Boglary (local Councillor), as they are working. Plus the inspectors also said that it has been in the paper warning people about illegal parking in the area.

Cheers
    Andrew

Re: Wellington Point Boat Ramp.......Finally Success!!!

A win for the little people........great news guys......all you need now is for them to keep it up for a few weekends just to make sure they get the message across.

Good stuff. Hope they keep it up and I don't even launch there. I'll keep the fight going at my local ramps on the Goldie.

what time did they start issuing tickets? i was there from 12-2 and didnt see any inspectors, good to hear they took some action.

carparks where full, trailer parks full of single cars and 2 people even parked on the left ramp either side leaving a small amount of room in the middle,

i mentioned to the family in one car that maybe parking on the ramp wasnt the best idea and maybe they should not park on the ramp as people couldn't easily reverse down between the two cars to get their boat and got a spray from the mum with a mouth full of chips, ... they happily watched on as a couple of tinnies idled up to the ramp and left to the other one. The other car was empty and locked...

On finally leaving, kids, mum and dad threw their crap out the car and left, just grubs.
    Tangles KFC

I'm new to boating, but never did think it right for non boaties to park in trailer bays. Good to see the clowns getting their medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    ......On finally leaving, kids, mum and dad threw their crap out the car and left, just grubs.
    The good angel on my right shoulder says they have had a hard life and need help to become better citizens.

The bad devil on my left wants me to nuke em.

It's a good thing I am not the emperor of the world..... because I would be tempted to cull the herd a bit......

I like it when its a windy day and the tickets happen to blow away from under the windscreen wipers ( Well I think that is what happens) and the owners then get a double whammy for an unpaid fine.
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    I like it when its a windy day and the tickets happen to blow away from under the windscreen wipers ( Well I think that is what happens) and the owners then get a double whammy for an unpaid fine.
    Cheers
    Ray
    Lol...roll on windy days.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    what time did they start issuing tickets? i was there from 12-2 and didnt see any inspectors, good to hear they took some action.

carparks where full, trailer parks full of single cars and 2 people even parked on the left ramp either side leaving a small amount of room in the middle,

i mentioned to the family in one car that maybe parking on the ramp wasnt the best idea and maybe they should not park on the ramp as people couldn't easily reverse down between the two cars to get their boat and got a spray from the mum with a mouth full of chips, ... they happily watched on as a couple of tinnies idled up to the ramp and left to the other one. The other car was empty and locked...

On finally leaving, kids, mum and dad threw their crap out the car and left, just grubs.
    I probably came off the water at about 3pm and they were booking all the single cars then. When I thanked them I told them around 1pm on a nice sunny day is the best time to catch the A'Holes illegally parked!!!

Thumbs up Re: Wellington Point Boat Ramp.......Finally Success!!!

Milo Yes - it's good news. I've made the phone calls, written the letters to Council and the paper, had meetings with the local Councillor, attended the stakeholder forum, produced a short video showing 79 cars in boat trailer parking bays in one loop of the car park, intervened in two altercations, advised the police, thanked the Council officers and police issuing tickets, advised state and federal politicans how 'lack of parking' is driving yet another nail into the marine industry coffin, set the locals straight as to why shared parking already exists ... and I haven't even scratched the surface compared with the efforts of some people like our local bean counter, Netmaker.

I note that you are an Essendon supporter - you therefore would be well aware that most people parking single cars in clearly defined boat-trailer spaces are probably Collingwood supporters ... but even Collingwood supporters will get the message eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by milo__ View Post
    Hi all,

Just wanted to post some positive news for all of us sick and tired of the illegal parking going on at the ramps and in particular my local ramp at Wellington Point.

I was there on Sunday afternoon with the kids and the parking inspectors were finally there booking the rude ignorant people parking in the boat/trailer spots. After all the whinging and emails to council from a few of us they are finally booking people which I think is great!!!

I went up to the inspectors (who never usually get any positive support), and thanked them for being there, writing tickets. They must have booked at least 30 cars I reckon because all of them in the boat/trailer spots were ticketed.......you should have saw the people come running when they saw the inspector at their car........it was great!!!! The Council must have made a killing in fines and good on them.

Hopefully it stops the repeat offenders and gives us boaties back our parking spots.

Thanks heaps to all of you who have supported the cause......keep writing the emails to Council and Wendy Boglary (local Councillor), as they are working. Plus the inspectors also said that it has been in the paper warning people about illegal parking in the area.

Cheers
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERDAFF View Post
    but even Collingwood supporters will get the message eventually.
    Unlikely...

Funny.....the problem is that Collingwood supporters cant read so they will need extra big signs with really large pictures??

Go the Bombers.......