Thread: 1770 Bar crossing

1770 Bar crossing

Hi all,

I am heading up to 1770 in a few weeks time never been there before was hoping for some info about the bar up there some have told me its great others have said really bad any info would be great...Going out in a 5.3 carrabean concord 90 etech on the back

Cheers

Terry

Yeah mate it is pretty easy, just take your time and pick your days. It is certainly gods country up there!

Re: 1770 Bar crossing

The bar is shallow and exposed to anything from the North. There should be about 80 or so ausfishers there from the 14th to show you the way out
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

The bar is pretty good with a SE wind but Horse is correct. Avoid dead low & perhaps an hour each side. There are cans marking the entrance but they are not lit. Plot a track all the way from the ramp to well past the bar. There are some long runs between channel markers & last year some markers were dry at low tide.
    If you are planning a night return, make sure you have a good spotlight.
    But local knowledge is the key & ask advice. VMR are very helpful.
    ROLL TIDE, ROLL.................

Regards,
    Peter

There are a couple of sandbanks back inside the bar that feel lovely on your feet while your out the back pushing . This I know from experience and i believe the best places to be towed back from are Fitzroy Lagoon and Musgrave . I can only vouch for Fitzroy .

Cheers Kev

Also with the cans heading towards the bar, from memory the 3rd last red, the sand bar has shifted up and past it a bit ( at dead low you can see this) so give it a bit more room at low

Mike
    Tangles KFC

Peterbo3 has hit the mark, make sure that you plot on the way out and prepare in case you have to come in after dark.

Deepest water is towards the rocks but that is spooky initially.

Darren