Thread: Big Dubya Yesterday

Big Dubya Yesterday

A couple of mates and I hit Wivenhoe yesterday out of Logan Inlet. Was a fairly good day weather-wise - it glassed off at around 10:30am after a small breeze from the north.

We paddled/pedalled around past horse paddock and back and got a couple on lure. Tally for the day was 4 monster catties, 1 Yella and 1 Bass. Most were caught on the troll. The Bass was caught in 20m of water using a big bibbed lure that got down to 7 or 8 meters.

Cheers,

Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

Re: Big Dubya Yesterday

Sounds like you's had a great day out. I bet those catties went hard. Anyway, well done mate.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Nice work mate, thanks for the report. It is a great paddle around the Wivenhoe!

Thanks, Fellas.

Doug, The catties go hard for the first minute then go floppy. But they are a bit of fun (apart from the mess they leave on your lure and leader). Have been told that if you are trolling to keep your speed above 3kph (3kph to 5kph for bass), as the catties don't like chasing a fast moving lure/prey and this has pretty-well been the case. Though mind you, the bass attacked the lure when I had stopped pedalling to change a lure. He must have been hungry?

Chas, Yeah it's a great dam when the wind ain't blowing.

It looks like Wivenhoe is starting to get back to the fishing of the pre-flood times too, which is great news.

Cheers, Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================