Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barra fishing in awoonga this summer

Wink Re: Barra fishing in awoonga this summer

Bring the yak,fish the upper reaches of the boyne river below the wall.Just dress up your lures with a bit of PE bling .PM me if you need any info on where to launch and fish.

Re: Barra fishing in awoonga this summer

Bouttime is on to it i was yaking up there last saturday arv got one good hit right in front of me looked to be about a good 70cm fish so they might be a bit shy still but if you put the effort in youll come out on top for sure.

Thanks for the comments guys, Bouttime I have sent you a PM. Hopefully can score a barra or a nice jack out of the yak!

Anthony

Just got back from Monduran yesterday.

Between my son and I we landed 32 barra up to 73cm and missed as many again...

Top weekend!

holy crap Peter thats a top effout mate !! it good to hear of a few fish being boated again . What area of the dam did you fish if you dont mine me asking mate ?
    Craig

Quiet bays just off the main river channel around areas J & D, including Insane Bay...

Hi Pete, well done! it must have been fun. Good to hear of such a great number being caught and lost. Nice to think a trip up that way is worthwhile again and fish could be on the cards. Whatever size they are they go hard and are great fun.To bad I dont have a suitable boat anymore!

well done pete, might head down that way myself for a fish

supa..

You'd better get up there crab man! Sounds like even YOU could catch a barra in there! Good however to hear there's fish to be caught there- regardless of size- they're still good fun. Good work peter4. I imagine you are downsizing you're lures/tackle?

Halfmanhalffish half wally ,

Hows things mate ? surley there are some jobs to be done around the house rather then sitting on the computer ?

Has anybody heard how the family fishing classic is going ?

Still plenty of small barra in the upper boyne river, mate and I caught 42 for a couple nights fishing last full moon. The larger fish have left the freshwater reaches. Checked out awoonga for a night, marked good fish in kens bay, but managed zero bites. Larger fish all sitting around 18 to 24 feet of water off points.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Don't know about Awoonga Supa, but I have fished Monduran twice this year for 9 barra. Last trip in April saw me hook 8 and land 5. A couple of my hook-ups were to bigger fish that did me over in the timber. Average size of fish landed was 65cm...

Looking good for a very active Spring though most fish will probably be in the 60 - 80 cm class...

Cheers

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Just got back from Monduran yesterday.

Between my son and I we landed 32 barra up to 73cm and missed as many again...

Top weekend!
    But you have the Kyle the Barra Magnet Pete.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

any movement on the awoonga front with the barra.

supa

so no movement around awoonga yet hey dam so they must have all gone over the wall.

it such a shame

supa

I don't know of many people fishing the dam, plenty around the lower reaches and lots of Jacks, I'm heading out Friday night to chase some big jacks and loose some tackle lol