Thread: Best Plastic Rod for Deep water 80m ?

Best Plastic Rod for Deep water 80m ?

Hi Guys,
    Looking at finding someone with an Egrell S10H or a Bear Metal blank if i can find one. I have a Bobby Loomis 705 but i don't like the way it bends with a fish on. I think the Egrell's have a faster action.
    What other options do I have ??
    Regards
    John

Re: Best Plastic Rod for Deep water 80m ?

I really like the feel of the Gary Howard G-Force Extreme range. The 7' GFX Spin Heavy (15lb to 25lb) or X/Heavy (20lb-40lb) are both great rods. The Gloomis PBR843S and PBR844S would also fit the bill
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

My s10h with a saltiga s extreme is a great outfit for placcies and I have slayed some great fish with it over the last 4 yrs ,heaps of snapper and plenty of kings and ambers up to 15 or so kgs. I regularly fish the 50 + fathom line with it and continually get comment on its ability to see every touch from the fish ,I have never felt I was going to have a problem with any fish I have hooked . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Yep I think the S10H is the way to go if i can find one. We regularly fish with 1oz jig heads and i need something with a tip thats not too soft.

Hi mate
    I have the egrells as well but over the past couple of years I have been using a Wilson Blades n Tails xos with great success in any water deeper than 40 meters, they retail for only $280. Give it a go you won't be disappointed.
    Danny

Yeah the blades and tales are a great rod as well ,it's what I used before I upgraded to the egrell definitely worth considering if you have a tight budget ...matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

I've gone for the Gary Howard G Force Extreme, but in the XX Heavy. This is a 30 to 50 lb rod and in that depth of water, it would be ideal. It still has enough tip to fish heavy jig heads with out folding over.
    I also have a a Egrell Bear S10H, and it is great up to a certain weight and depth, but a couple of oz of jig head wrecks it in deep water.
    The GFX has got grunt to burn and well worth a look at.
    Tim