Thread: good news for lefties!!

good news for lefties!!

As a left hand fisherman I've always had trouble using OH reels. Even though I'm right handed I prefer to hold the rod with my strong hand but finding a decent quality OH was a pain!! (unless your willing to pay $$$ for a specially designed reel) I even tried using right hand OHs for a while but just couldn't get used to it! Found half the battle of bringing up a decent fish was balancing the rod!! Been using big spinning reels but just not the same. Now Penn and Avet are finally starting to think of us and are making some of their common reels available in left hand!! Theres only a few at the moment and only in america but i'm sure it will get more popular soon!! More companies are starting to make them and hope Daiwa and Shimano do the same too!! I ordered the Penn Squall 60 LDLH and Avet 5.3 LH. Will let you know how they are soon hopefully!!

Re: good news for lefties!!

All my ABU's are left crankers!!

Re: good news for lefties!!

Yeah i got a 6500 Abu lefty. Good little reel!! Baitcasters seem to easier to find in left hand but had trouble finding larger more heavy duty OHs in left!