Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do you get your worms from on the Bayside?

Re: Where do you get your worms from on the Bayside?

Worms are hard to get now around Viccie Pt as Ian has closed,, but have had good results on the Tower frozen jobbies as they where waiting for livies.... backup is squid dyed red.... have the gulps as a backup but never used them...
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    flatzie,
    i will correct you mate have caught plenty of summer whiting from the camp ground at amity point up too 39cm is my best there... normally for an hr or so i will get a good feed of around a dozen but will admit that fresh yabbies will outfish the gulps but if i dont get the yabbies we do well enough on the gulps
    cheers rosco
    p.s i am a bait fisho but will use artis to get a feed if need be.lol
    Wow Rosco that has me surprised! I have researched on here and other forums and never heard that! Well done! I will try a few next time, I have some of them, Sandworm nerisis I think in Blood red colour. Be interesting to hear if there is any difference to getting them on plastics in Rivers compared to open water/beaches.
    I would still use the naturals as last two times I have fished them I have bagged out on them, but my back reminds me for a few days!!
    Cheers
    Flatzie

Just don't remember to take your Combantrim.
    Never ending supply of worms then.
    Works for me.
    All you do is use the same technique as getting beach worms.
    A pair of worm pliers (or pippy shell), wait until they show their ugly head and whammo.....got one. Nice and fresh.

And the best thing is you don't have to drag a smelly old fish frame about to draw the worm out of it's home like you do at the beach. They seem to pop their heads out for no real reason.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by finga View Post
    .......... pair of worm pliers (or pippy shell), wait until they show their ugly head and whammo.....got one.......
    but Finga, bent over like that, looking directly into the source of the worms, wouldn't the Sun that shines from there blind you?

I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

i might chat to my ex digger and see if we can help all u old farts abit
    but for those that have brought live ones and want to keep them ,the best way is soak them in metho and red food dye for about 20 min to 1/2 hr then pop them into the freezer
    trust me

ian