Thread: Keely Rose charter

Keely Rose charter

Just wondering if any one could tell me if they have been on the Keely Rose charter boat from Rainbow Beach as i am looking at maybe going on a charter with them

Thanks Guys

Re: Keely Rose charter

Go out with Ed on Keely Rose, you will have the best possible trip. He will work hard to put you on fish and knows those waters better than anybody I know.

I went with Ed once the other year, was a fantastic charter and put us onto heaps of fish.

We went out with Ed last year in September 2011. It was a very dissapointing trip. Ed seemed disengaged and probably needed a holiday.
    Frank the decky was fantastic. Even thou we caught buggar all, the neighbouring boat called baitrunner caught alot. I will give hime a go next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostantenna View Post
    We went out with Ed last year in September 2011. It was a very dissapointing trip. Ed seemed disengaged and probably needed a holiday.
    Frank the decky was fantastic. Even thou we caught buggar all, the neighbouring boat called baitrunner caught alot. I will give hime a go next time.
    Funny you should say that - we went out with them in July 2011 and Ed seemed the same way - but I say that not really knowing the man. Don't get me wrong - Ed & Frank (the fishing machine) - worked hard all day and put us on to some good fish - caught heaps. They looked after us pretty well. Only thing I didn't really like is they both smoked like trains........

Mark

thanks guys i am going out next Thursday 30/08/2012 i will let you know how things go, from what i hear he is a top bloke willing to put in his all. I guess we all have bad days but a bad days fishing is better than a goood day at work i reckon

Dont do anything silly im on friday, good luck

Have not been on Keely Rose..been on Baitrunner quite a few times. The trick is to book the boat then get your mates along..that way you aren't fishing cattle class. Baitrunner can take 10..we pay a little extra each and only take 8..more room etc. We were fishing close to Keely Rose one time..counted 13 fishing from it..looked very crowded.

Have a good trip on Keely Rose...just hang on for the potholes going over the bar..LOL

I`d rather hand mix concrete every day than be in charge of putting people onto fish. from what i know both are great boats to fish from and both have great skippers and deckies..... and ........ if the fish are on the chew and the weather is good you`ll have a great day either way. no one can flick the switch and make them chew ! I just blew a sickie and spent 6 hours away from my family to get one squire and I was running my own show. just go and have a good day out and be happy your not at home getting a tooth pulled or your ears bashed by the missus.

Hi secret spot keely rose is a good operator and has fished the area a long time ya wont go wrong booking a charter with him.

steve