Thread: Lakefield NP Sept

Lakefield NP Sept

Heading to Lakefield for my first time and tossing up where to go. Think I am keener to fish the salt. Question is: Nrth Kennedy or Bizant best for fishing? I have heard the Bizant ramp is pretty crazy.....
    Any info/opinions/advice from any fellow ausfishers who have been there would be nice..
    Gone fishin', be back at dark-thirty!

Re: Lakefield NP Sept

nothing? noone???? help ??

Was up in there in july, did some land based fishing,

Go as far as you can to the coast , the fresh water fishing was hard work , should be starting to warm up the water temps by then

I've done Lakefield (Kalpower Crossing) in July twice and caught nothing but Archer fish. Pretty spot though. Coast anywhere in that region is plagued by sandflies.

Cheers
    Craig

Cape Melville would be my pick .

Yeah I am just a bit worried about launching the boa- I have a 4.2m WB Dory which I would consider a big boat for there. Anyone have any info on the ramps or launching? Especially the Bizant area?
    Shane- have you been to Cape Melvill? If so, what sort of fishing options are there? As mentioned I have a 4.2m tinny with 30hp. Id hate to get there and then not have the option to river fish if the winds got up...?

Mate if ya got the time go check out bathurst head , I was up their in june we took a 435 tabs and beach launched it and its no far from those rivers you want to fish.As you said the wind does play a big part of how much travling you can do on the water, if you want I can send you some pics of the area if ya want. We also went to Marina Plains in on the Annie river nice boat ramp extra nice mozzies and sand flies.
    Cheers Gav

Quote Originally Posted by aidbox View Post
    Yeah I am just a bit worried about launching the boa- I have a 4.2m WB Dory which I would consider a big boat for there. Anyone have any info on the ramps or launching? Especially the Bizant area?
    Shane- have you been to Cape Melvill? If so, what sort of fishing options are there? As mentioned I have a 4.2m tinny with 30hp. Id hate to get there and then not have the option to river fish if the winds got up...?
    When I was at Melville you would have no worries getting up the muck in a 4.2. The sand bars at the mouth were a maze to get through, but could be done at most stages of the tide. There was a big sandbar a few km up the river that wasn't passable at low. Obviously this will have changed substantially but I think it would be a typical situation in this system.

Take loads of Bushman

Cheers
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by aidbox View Post
    Yes several times ,and your boat would be perfect , have a look on google earth plenty of options even in strong winds .

Good supply of fresh water there as well .