Thread: Lost gear manly

Lost gear manly

I picked up some gear at manly ramp on Sunday night. If it's yours please drop me a message describing what it is and I'll arrange for return.

Re: Lost gear manly

Why would you pick it up ?... The owner might have got home and noticed no gear and then went back to get it.. bet there pissed off now !!!

I wouldn't just pick up Fishing or any other gear laying around that's not mine, easy way to get yourself in trouble with the law. I would be taking it ALL to the Police station.
    I stick to one simple rule, If it ain't mine then I don't touch it !!!

Cheers
    Brett
    PS.. Believe it or not, but not everyone is an AUSFISH member !!

Figured that someone who cared picked it up and tried to find it's owner than someone who didn't and just sold it. If I was going to run off with it I would not be bragging about it on this forum!!!
    Not many police stations I know of open a midnight on a Sunday, and ausfish is a good place to start.
    Hopefully I'll find the owner soon.

I have struggled with that dilemma on occasions..... And decided differently at different times.

So I reckon good on you Alexl for trying to do the right thing. I also understand the thinking of leave it alone.... And good on you fishfeeder for doing that too.

If the world was full of people like either of you then we would all be better off.

Unfortunately there is a third and fourth kind....

the slightly grey thinking of
    - I saw it so it's mine

and the out and out crooked
    -'I don't even need to wait for them to loose it... I will take it anyway' sort.

Quote Originally Posted by alexl View Post
    Figured that someone who cared picked it up and tried to find it's owner than someone who didn't and just sold it. ....
    Hopefully I'll find the owner soon.
    Still a good idea to contact the local cops & nearest shop in the hope that the owner put in a report

Thanks for that, did not think of the shops, will contacts the guys at the BP tackle shop too.

Well done mate. Good job.

You've already demonstrated that you've made reasonable efforts to "put it out there", but a lot of people who lost gear for some reason tend to report the matter to the police, just in case there's somebody honest like yourself who found it.

It might be an idea to drop into the Wynnum cop shop with the gear and get a receipt for it. They'll ask you if you wish to claim it after a certain time frame if nobody wanders in looking for the gear. Used to be about 60 days from memory.

Then you've done everything by the book and there's no comeback on you. We live in a strange society these days.

This is off topic I know, but things can quickly turn pear shaped. I used to put in every Thursday on the front counter at the Wynnum cop shop. A bloke dropped in a wallet one day and didn't hang around for a receipt. When the owner came to get it, he stacked on a blue because he reckoned there was "at least three hundred dollars in it".

Obviously, that raises all sorts of questions. My mistake was not getting a cop immediately to come and check the contents with me.

TOL

Thanks for that, I checked in at wynnum cop shop the next day.
    Crap about your experience, hope you had a hundred more grateful people to make up for it!

Good on you. Some one else might have just looked on it as a bonus to the trip. If the person who lost it contacts the police then the system works. Dont listen to the other whingers they are just not getting enough! Whatever that means .