Thread: Wave rider and dollies ??

Wave rider and dollies ??

Hi all, thinking of running up from the pin towards the Waverider bouy on Tuesday, hoping to look at some ground ive never been over on the way and also have a fish at the Bouy, i know nothing about catching Dollies and dont even know if they are around this time of year, if not there are a few marks that others have kindly posted up to check on the way.
    If they are a possibility any tips would be appreciated, i fish both bait and lures so willing to try either.
    Also just picked up the Navionics Platinum for Qld so keen to see the quality of the info that comes up on the raymarine.
    Cheers
    Rib

Re: Wave rider and dollies ??

The wave rider is temperamental , some days they are there other days not. Try the following methods:
    Remembering there is usually a few knots of current there...
    -in gear hold up current or slow troll livies past the buoy
    --drag some lures past the buoy
    -Throw some chromies past the buoy

If they are there you will see them hitting the surface chasing food anyway. I have had them pull up under my boat and sit there in the shade. If they are not there head west and try the Pinnacles for a reef fish.
    I have found hem there and they hit every lure I had in my tackle box everything from plastics to poppers!
    Good luck
    Marty
    Living the dream, Barry