Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crab pot and kids

Crab pot and kids

Can someone tell me what the legal age is for a child, to put out pots.

Cheers
    Greg

Re: Crab pot and kids

Greg
    i think no age as such as long as they can pull it
    Michael

From the rules and regs for qld fisheries:
    Note: The age limit for the recreational use of crab apparatus has been removed.

Ref. http://www.daff.qld.gov.au/28_3065.htm
    Jack.

ditto to above,,,, no age limit at all on pots,,,,, ruling covers the limit of pots per person only
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

So if I take out granddaughter, that is 4 pots for me and 4 for her. Even though they are all my pots, is it alright to have my name on all 8 pots?

Cheere
    Greg

yep all good greg.crabs will be here in 3-4 weeks,counting down

Son in law got 4 nice keepers on Thursday
    Bring em on rosco. Do u think a 2 1/2 yr old could bring up a pot. My have to put in an electric winch to haul up pots and then they will only need to press a button. Not hard to see that my granddaughters are now living in brisbane. Lol

Cheers
    Greg

yep.pretty sure a 2 1/2 yr old could with a bit of help from grandad...

No need for the person to be able to "pull" up the pot either...
    That is the fisheries officers individual interpretation of the legislation and not documented anywhere in the 1994 act or in the 2008 legislation.
    DPI website states "Fishing rules apply to all ages but children should be of an age where they can be responsible for the use of their own fishing gear."
    But that is only the words on their website which doesn't mean squat in a courtroom and it says "should" not "must" and as i've said is NOT in the legislation. Otherwise if if they MUST handle it, it is discrimination against handicapped people, elderly etc.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...ght=crab+limit

would however recommend against counting a pregnant wife as 2 people
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Slightly off topic but still relevant -
    I can't find any definite answers to this or wording in any legislation.. (maybe my googlefu is lacking)
    When do they count a foetus as a person? At 24weeks gestation (legally viable) or when it is born (seperated from mother) or when it takes it's first breath?
    I know the subject has been raised in the past regarding pregnant women being hit and losing the foetus and the assailant only being charged for hitting the mother not the death of the foetus.

What is the definition by law in Australia of a "person"?

Hey my daughter is pregnent. Thanks now I have another. Won't be long before I will have pots strewn from woody pt to Scarborough. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    So if I take out granddaughter, that is 4 pots for me and 4 for her. Even though they are all my pots, is it alright to have my name on all 8 pots?

Cheere
    Greg
    Hi Greg

Yes you are allowed to have 4 pots per person in your boat no matter the age. There is no argument there, the reason the age restriction was removed was to allow the activity to be more family orientated.

For the matter of naming the pots, technically YOU own the pots and your grand daughter is using them, after arguing the matter in front of a judge and the costs of doing this it would be easier to write out new tags.

And yes individuals have gotten off on this technicality of who owns the pots as this is a loop hole and it has been there for a long time.

all good greg all my pots have my surname on them only,never had a problem...

Rosco, all to confusing to me.

Cheers
    Greg