Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: The unofficial Fraser Island Tailor tracking thread.

Re: The unofficial Fraser Island Tailor tracking thread.

Just got back today after 5 days at Fraser. Basically same report as Darren. Perfect weather, few fish. We fished between Mareno wreck and Dundaburra. Also fished at Orchid beach. I rarely saw a tailor over 40cm caught. Mate caught a 70cm jewie. I hooked up to a large cobe (I think) on the first afternoon on my big jew rig but got busted off on one of its aerial jumps. Sand was fairly soft at Indian Head track. Fine if you just have a vehicle but people with boats/trailers struggled. Track was extremely soft and rutted at Ngkala rocks with even the most kitted out vehicles pushing hard to get through. Plenty of worms and pippies.

Cheers

Re: The unofficial Fraser Island Tailor tracking thread.

I'm just back from 5 days up there. Camped and fished near the Maheno. Plenty of tailor in the gutter in front of camp - did not really fish elsewhere. No real size to the tailor with most in the 35-40cm range, quite a few undersized and a handful in the 45cm range (biggest only 50cm out of maybe 200 tailor we caught). Only 1 jewfish at 65cm but we didn't target them much. Very busy on the island.