Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The unofficial Fraser Island Tailor tracking thread.

Re: The unofficial Fraser Island Tailor tracking thread.

Hopefully it'll be firing up the north end in a few weeks when I'm up there then! Cheers for the advice mulldog and the other responses fella's. Good to know there are a few about. Missed out on the annual pilgrimage up there last year so cant wait to get back into them again!

hope you get onto a few like the one in your avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chappie View Post
    Nice thread Kev, are you there for the week starting the 15th again? We will be on the island from the 8th to the 15th up at orchid beach again. I just have to finish a rod for throwing lures and poppers then i am set. Mull dog can you provide some basic info on targeting jew from the beach, simple stuff like what to look for gutter wise, what line and any other generic info would be appreciated. Back to the topic at hand, my barber was up last week, i haven't heard how he went yet.
    Iain
    Heading up on the 22 Sept - 6 Oct (School holidays). Looking forward to it immensely, been working my ring out lately and haven't even seen the water for weeks let alone wet a line. Still haven't set up a poppering stick but looking to get sorted over the next few weeks as I get a bit more spare time back.

Looking forward to your report, there should be plenty flowing in, every second person I speak to is going up there in September, houses are now starting to book out 2 years in advance, crazy times.

Awesome photo of the grey suit, how clear is that water!

Some good stuff coming in so far fellas keep it flowing.
    Kev

Quote Originally Posted by manta man View Post
    Hey Darren just wondering how barges are running at Inskip Pt and which companies
    The barge is $100 return and is run by Manta Ray, no other barge companies anymore. You can pay when you get on the barge. No pre booking required.

That up on previous years? Cant remember what it used to be?

Think it was $100 last year, $90 the year before. Heaps less than that ~10 years ago...

Kev

As discussed on the mobile this Arvo Im heading up on Fathers day (Wifey not happy). Up there 2nd - 8th so will post plenty of photos this year and might even put a video up on youtube. All I can say is I'm glad those crazy Mother F.....kers will not be with me this trip, I think you know who I'm talkign about? Anyways the boat is a goer this year and Greggy is taking his kick ass fishing jetski up so hopefully be chewing on some reefies this year and using the tailor fillets for bait. Am planning some big nights in the gutters around Ocean lake chasing the almighty Jewie and some big lonesome greenbacks, do wish me luck! Anyone else going up 1st weekend in September? If so we will be camping at ocean lake, 4 trucks, 1 x new white triton dual cab towing a tinny with what i must say is a kick ass extended draw bar, 1 black d-max towing a kick ass yamaha ski, 1 x black SR5 dual cab and a GU patrol towing a jetski, when you see us drop by and have a cold one and some chat.
    Cheers and beers
    Keithy

I hope all of you do the right thing and not leave the place like a shithouse leaving shit behind for others to clean. Like the old saying, if you bring over, take it back

[QUOTE=bondy99;1414940]I hope all of you do the right thing and not leave the place like a shithouse leaving shit behind for others to clean. Like the old saying, if you bring over, take it back[/QUOTE
    Bondy Not too sure what your comments are about but now you mention in it is only the 1% of people that wreck it for others and I can't agree more, don't spoil what you come to enjoy!

Just got back yesterday after a week up at Orchid. Weren't too many Tailor around in the gutters and they were only small. The next few months they should be getting bigger, there are some awesome gutters out the front of Waddy at the moment, just hope it stays like that for a while. Fished around Ngkala and got some decent whiting and had some fun with big dart on light gear.

Managed 2 days offshore, headed up north on the Monday and had our limit of parrot/gold spot, some nice perlies, a few good maori cod and hooked up 3 cobia at once and somehow managed to get them all in. Headed down off Dundabura on Wednesday and got onto some decent Spaniards and lost a few as well, the Northerly's kicked in around lunch time and it was like someone flicked the off switch. There is heaps of bait out off Dundabura and a lot of Tailor coming in down that way, even a few spanish off the beach.

If anyone is interested in rentals at Orchid Beach please PM me.

Cheers

Biggest Cobia of the day
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120820-00019.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	83727

[QUOTE=Tailorfisho78;1415013]
    Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    I hope all of you do the right thing and not leave the place like a shithouse leaving shit behind for others to clean. Like the old saying, if you bring over, take it back[/QUOTE
    Bondy Not too sure what your comments are about but now you mention in it is only the 1% of people that wreck it for others and I can't agree more, don't spoil what you come to enjoy!
    Not wrong there champ. Unfortunately it's that small percentage that ruins it for the rest.

GM-Bluewater,

Nice to know the fishing scene is still good this time of year

Well guys the latest report I have had at 5pm was still no decent Tailor on the eastern beaches or north or Indian Head. The comment was made that its the worst start to a Tailor season in 50yrs?? I will post a report with pics on my return around 9th September
    cheers
    Keithy

Quote Originally Posted by Tailorfisho78 View Post
    Well guys the latest report I have had at 5pm was still no decent Tailor on the eastern beaches or north or Indian Head. The comment was made that its the worst start to a Tailor season in 50yrs?? I will post a report with pics on my return around 9th September
    cheers
    Keithy
    Also forgot to mention the guys that I got the report from Actually packed up today and came home as they planned on camping under the stars at hook point tonight but too much weed down south.

I had a chat to a bloke last night who had been up there last week. REckon'd there were tailor all over the place. He was fishing out the front of happy valley and cleaned up apparently. No real size to them but plenty of fish.