Thread: In Darwin for few days

Question In Darwin for few days

Hi all,

I am in Darwin for a few days 20 - 22 September and want to get a bit of fishing in, is there a good charter that does the local creeks ??

Mind you I will be comming out of 2 weeks Arhem land with the local fellas, so it needs to be good.

Any recomendations ?

Re: In Darwin for few days

Hi Bungie, Give the guys at Takleworld a call at 11 Mile or Coolalinga . It will be getting hotter so the billabongs should be firing up. If you want a good trip expect at least 2 hrs travel to and from and to be out for a min of 10 - 12 hrs. If looking for a half day trip better sticking with blue water fishing and chasing some pelagics. Macs will still be in the harbour and arms. Pod cast Tales from the Tinnie on ABC Darwin Local radio. Gives good info and is bloody funny too.

Darwins great mate you'll have a ball.
    Tight lines
    Stick Clapper

Hey Bungie, Just looked at the tides when you be in Darwin. Not doing you any favours mate. Go billingabong. if weather from here to then is consistent ( nothing below 20 at night). If not on the neaps half moon go for jewie fest unless locals tell you to chase something else. Anything can be found out with a carton in the NT.

Thanks fot help fella's I will look into it when I get there

Bungie,

I went with these guys a few weeks ago http://www.darrensbarra.com.au/

Had a good day out at Corrobboree Billabong, bit over an hour or so out of Darwin but there is a heap of charters.

Cheers

Paul