Thread: Listing of members by location

Listing of members by location

Before I went away on a trip in May I promised to try and contact a member that comes on to this site from time to time and lives at Golden Beach however with such a short memory I can't think of his Avatar until I see it again. How about a listing of members by location that others could access, this could allow other members to seek out locals to assist them in all sorts of manner, e.g. a couple of weeks ago I was struggling for a crew and would have happily PM'd a couple of local Ausfish members. Maybe there is a downside as well where people don't want to be bothered by others for various reasons. Maybe it could be restricted to certain membership status if necessary, I know there are quite a few members who know each other and there are M&G's which never ever seem to fall on a suitable time for me but just thought it might be worth a shot.

Re: Listing of members by location

Sounds like an idea, so I'm visiting the sunny coast this weekend are you taking me fishing Saturday or Sunday?

Sounds like a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Before I went away on a trip in May I promised to try and contact a member that comes on to this site from time to time and lives at Golden Beach
    I was going to say that sounds like Funchy .... but then I checked, pretty sure he lives on his yak! Ohh, and he's always on here!!

Cheers,
    Jim

Great idea!!! Ive just moved to mackay, ive got a 5.6 metre tinny half cab that i havnt got wet yet. would be good to know who is from up this way as ill be after some new deckies!!!!

Ive often thought it might be an idea for all members to even just fill out your location below your avatar. Above, three out of four, have but alot dont.
    Just so when people ask questions you can see where there from and give advice for that area.
    Without it, someone ask's if there are any bream around, and yes there might be on the gold coast but not in sydney harbour.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Sounds like an idea, so I'm visiting the sunny coast this weekend are you taking me fishing Saturday or Sunday?
    Crunchy, settling my fathers estate in Brisbane this weekend, will be around sometime Sunday afternoon though.

Jim,
    I suspect it was Funchy, main reason I was interested as my wife wants to get into a yak and I needed some one with experience to talk to, preferably locally.

Wayno, I just hada look at my avatar and realised it's location was probably a little too generic, will change it shortly, thanks for the heads up.

Queensland is probable to general but your area Like, goldy or sunny coast i think is fine or nearest major town. At least it gives us something to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Crunchy, settling my fathers estate in Brisbane this weekend, will be around sometime Sunday afternoon though.
    Next time then...went out for a quick flick in a mates boat but nothing doing...

Hi
    Maybe it could be a sticky.

Members can post their details-- Location etc if they want to. No need to restrict it to certain levels of membership. Have it open and optional.

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by zan0_15 View Post
    Great idea!!! Ive just moved to mackay, ive got a 5.6 metre tinny half cab that i havnt got wet yet. would be good to know who is from up this way as ill be after some new deckies!!!!
    I am 5.5m glass half cab
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

Crunchy, you are more than welcome, I will be around this weekend providing I am free for a muster at the Power Boat Club at 4pm any other time will be fine. I have a mate who comes up every now and then and it is Standing Orders for a 4pm muster.

I like the idea too...........
    There are only two moments in time.... There's now, and there's too late.