Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Warning!!!!!!

Re: Warning!!!!!!

Well done Mike. Muddy I hope your putting in some gym work between now and 1770, cos you need it.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I'm fine with the weight training side of things......it's the cardo that gets me.Doesnt take a genius to figure out why though.

Mate Throw those things away,,as the next up &coming ET you need to clean your act up,,, just dont play with your mates missus okay

I agree with Bill, if you give the fags away you will be able to afford an electric deck winch to help ya pull in them sharks. One other advantage you could live longer, and that would me more fishing time, gotta be a plus.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

They're on their way out boys....
    It's usually just a fishing thing for me.And an after s#^ thing too......but more fishing than s#^ these days!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    They're on their way out boys....
    It's usually just a fishing thing for me.And an after s#^ thing too......but more fishing than s#^ these days!!!!
    So ..... if you stopped fishing you'd be smoke free then!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    I'm fine with the weight training side of things......it's the cardo that gets me.Doesnt take a genius to figure out why though.
    I have just seen the video and what can I say . . . . . .
    Cheers

Trev

Great video Mike. Watched it this morning and was late for work. Still worth it!
    Jim

Give the fags up brother before you butt gets too loose.
    As for the smokes go the pills thats what I used. Smoke free for over 2 years and fag free for over 31 years.

Quitting is not the problem.....I've done it many times.

Staying off them is another story.Especially when I'm fishing.....I think it's one of those habit by association things.

Are you talking about fags or smokes cause I'm really questioning about ever getting on a boat with you.

Well let that be the least of your worries as an invitation out on my boat will not be something that heads in your direction any time soon.

I do know how you felt though Muddy - last trip I did solo off Great Keppel to the Fern country I had an awesome "red" on first drop - dam thing did really good runs - head shakes - great fight - no rod bucket and up comes your mates identical twin - I gave it some names and none of them nice - tricky deceitful thing.

Next drop another one but i got real angry with that one (and had a rod bucket on) and had it on the surface real fast before it busted me off on 100lb braid.

By the way your rod is too long for a boat rod with heavy line - too much leverage against you - short and stiff - give yourself a chance - just my thoughts - keep killing yourself if you want though.

As for sitting down - I have set up my eskys with rod buckets so they are a game chair - however your sitting down did look a lot like buckling at the knees.

I will certainly be using the esky seats for the deep drops into the abyss, and a harness and a lanyard so I don't get pulled over the side being connect hard to such heavy gear (150lb main line 400lb/250lb trace) .
    Cheers

Trev

Top Video guys and a sensational trip well done

This having to work is killing my ausfish time

Cheers Brett

Hey Trev, I know exactly what you mean about the leverage with such a long rod.
    At 7foot all the odds are against me tiring before a big fish but I like the way I can maneuver it around the boat, motor and others that are using shorter sicks.
    For the amount of times I do hook up to a big shark or the likes I wont be changing it out in a hurry......I just like the feel of a longer rod when I'm using an overhead because it's only my 30lb gear.
    When I'm using the heavier 80lb gear, that's a different story........shorter, stiffer rod with an eggbeater for me thanks.