Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Warning!!!!!!

Warning!!!!!!

WARNING.....The following thread does not contain material that relates to Campbell Newman, government job cuts or anything political what so ever.I don't know how much my boat weighs on the trailer be it on the car or off.The photos contained within are not from a previous trip, we did catch a pearl perch but I couldn't find a school that was 30m thick and we went with a fiberglass and a plate boat and none of the occupants of either boat came home with a broken back.

With the weather looking good for a few days the call was made to head up to 1770 as a bit of a precursor to the M&G.Tangles was already on holidays up at 1770 so myself and Fishfeeder left Brisbane at 9:30pm Tuesday night and hit the road to meet 2IC, Tropicrows and BurleyGU at Gympie.A pretty uneventful drive up got us to Agnes at 5:30 in the morning to grab some fuel, ice and our third crew member Tangles.

Heaps of livies on the bait grounds so the tanks were stuffed and we headed to Lady Musgrave.Fished the shallows on the southern end of the reef for a couple of fish before we headed North up towards Fitzroy following the 65-80metre line marking some good country and having a few drifts over each new spot.Heaps of activity on the sounder but we found it hard to get the fish to bite so throughout the day they were coming over the side in dribs and drabs but we did manage to marks some nice features on the bottom which we will be fishing in a couple of weeks time as this was kind of the aim for this trip....a bit of ground work before the big one in September.
    The end of the first day saw both boats up around One Tree Island where we anchored up in 65m of water for the night while Team Beeracuda went in closer to Fitzroy for the night.With big tides during the night the current was absolutely raging making it very hard to keep a pound of lead on the bottom so after pulling a couple of Aj's aboard, a nice hot feed and a bit of comical banter on the radio we decided to grab a few hours of shut eye.The wind picked up during the night which made it very uncomfortable to sleep amongst the white caps (actually....one of us didn't seem to struggle on the sleep department) so a bit red eyed and tired we rose at 3:30 on Wednesday morning for a quick cup of coffee and a feed which allowed us to start fishing just before sun up while Team Beeracuda were still tucked up all nice and warm in their fart sacks.
    We fished some good ground N, NE or Fitzroy for a bit more success than the first day and as it always is when the fishing is starting to hot up time went really quick and before we knew it the clock was as noon and it was time to start making our way back in.We fished some ground around the shallows near Fitzroy on the way in for bits and pieces before I just threw all the bait overboard to signal the end of fishing and the start of our trip home.
    Getting back to the ramp unassisted for the second time in a row we packed up the two boats while a couple of the more mature lads went back to Tangles's place for a steamy shower and we hit the road for home about 4:00pm.We went home via Bundy as the amount of road works coming up going the Mirriam Vale was ridiculous not to mention the pot holes and for all that's coming from down south to the M&G I'd recommend going the Bundy way.
    Overall it was hard fishing seeing them all on the sounder but the fish not wanting to play the game but we did manage to put a feed together so it wasn't a complete loss.We had a couple of whales play around the boat on the second day which was kind of cool/scary as they swam under the boat and started to do laps around us for a while, they weren't those freakin' huge ones they were more like smaller Japanese bite size ones but when you can see them under the boat and they start circling the boat braking the surface and doing that blow hole thing it is pretty special but it was just a tad too close for me.
    A big thanks to Team Beeracuda for their company and non stop laughs on the radio and thanks to Fishfeeder and Tangles for the great couple of days.

-230km traveled for a fuel burn of 285L
    -Popped Brett's red cherry
    -Tangles PB trout
    -About 50 billion bust offs on 80LB gear
    -And a bit of a secret...trout seem to like Pink Floyd
    Overall a good trip with some great blokes......what more can you ask for Cobiaman and Lucee81?

Once again I must apologise for the way Fishfeeder has laid the fish out for the photo..gee your a lazy bugger.

The photo of Tangles was meant to be one of those 'hooked up big time on the Barrier Reef ' photos but by the time I took the photo he already got busted but I did manage to snap the ' You wouldn't F^%$&*G believe it !!' nearly in tears shot....a much more amusing photo if I do say so myself.

Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0250.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	83460   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0240.jpg 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	83461   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0241.jpg 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	83462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0243.jpg 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	83463  

Re: Warning!!!!!!

Awesome days fishing there and cheers for the thread, I truly am over the political BS.
    Great pics and sounds like some great times with some good blokes.

Thanks Muddy good read.

Well done MT some good Maories and trout among others there mate. Sounds like a great trip.

Good read Ant wish I was there, I received a call from the lads on Bills boat and it made me extremely jealous. Great work fellas cant wit to catch up with you all at some stage.

Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

Good on you fellas, i will certainly be there next trip!

Thanks again for another great trip north and your a funny bugger !!

That stack of fish took me ages to arrange with just enough colour to excite most reef fishers, but not enough to be outright disrespectful to others who had to work...

"Tangles you have to be Fu@king joking" photo just doesn't show the disappointment enough... I think that was about his 5th big miss during the outing, but I did think it was the funniest !!

Other memorable happenings was Muddy sitting on the esky with his rod bent over at 90 degrees and only being able to gain 1/4 a turn of the handle at a time. The look on his face and grunts and groans I thought he was giving birth to twins.... All the time I was reminding him that his knots looked a little rough and I hoped they would hold up as it would suck to lose a great fish to a bad knot !!!! after about 25min of many laughs mainly coming from my direction a rather stuffed shark popped to the surface beside the boat.... Any way I hope Tangles video comes out great so others can see the comedy in it.. LOL

The fishing was very hit and miss with a lot of searching and drops between fish going in the esky, we did have one 3 way hookup with gaffs and nets being requested... So a bit of a reminder to others heading up to the M&G to take LOTS OF BAIT as your going to need it as we went through heaps of Mullet, Squid, Pillies, Livies, Hussar and Iodine Bream to get our 2 esky's of fish. There were heaps of Livies on the bait grounds NE of the bar, so sharpen the hooks re-spool the reels guys as its looking like its going to be cracker of a weeks fishing (some 2 weeks)...

Cheers and Beers
    Brett

Tough luck with finding the 30km thick pearlies but a couple of eskies of good reef fish will substitute it. Top read! Thanks for the tease...

Fantastic report guys and well done. Shame the fishing was tuff but u look like u did pretty well considering. According to Ausfish law I thought pre fishing the meet and greet was banned (only cause I wasn't there)

Cheers from boony

P.s not long now bitchezzzz
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

good read and feed muddy. well done to you fellas. sounds like you had a great time.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Fancy getting on a fishing site and posting about fishing and not political jargon.
    I'm appalled Anthony. I think you better get your priorities right in the future.
    Good to see you now know your way back without VMR assistance.
    Oh yeah you caught fish. That's new. . Where do I pick up my bait for Monday?

Yep, sure was a good trip with plenty of banter between the boats. Thanks to the guys on both boats for making that way, especially Bill & Tim.
    I am proud to say I'm no longer a red virgin, having caught my first legal red at 58.9 cm . Bill caught a couple of nice trout, Tim caught the most fish 99% being Hussar, we kept some to eat and some for bait but most were returned safely, and now Tim is known as the Hussar king .
    Muddy T took us to ones of Phill's secret spots, so secret even the fish don't know about it lol .
    Not a big haul for the effort put in, we got smoked a few times and lost a bit of gear on some rugged ground. But we found some new ground to explore in a few weeks and that was the reason for going mainly. If we get weather like we just had it will be smiles all round, however next time we might anchor up for the night in the lagoon. Sleeping on the deck of a boat with the wind blowing and white caps all round was not a lot of fun.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1770-5.jpg 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	83464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1770-1.jpg 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	83465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1770-2.jpg 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	83466   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1770-3.jpg 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	83467   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1770-4.jpg 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	83468  

Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I forget to say, I consumed no sea sickness tables (i forgot them) but none were needed. The weather was that good.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Great write ups and pics guys! Tops stuff.

Good on you Muddy for putting all that non fishing crap in its place from the start.

So ... ahem, those new marks will be shared around at the cook off right?

Cheers,
    Jim

Hey Jim the footy show stole ur pic, they said it was Daryl broman in the look a likes last night..