Thread: Help protect my coral sea home

Help protect my coral sea home

Did anyone else get the prepaid leaflet (tick the boxes, fill in your details and pop in the post free) in the brochure run this week to submit your petition to your local member to endorse the coral sea marine reserve? It also asks for two 'improvements'/extensions to the proposed plan.

Sent out by protectourcoralsea.org.au

If this has been sent out on a mass scale, the weight of numbers is going to heavily stacked against fishos, private and commercial. This could be the knockout blow.

Jeff

Re: Help protect my coral sea home

sorry duplicate

I got one from my local liberal mp Andrew Lamington.
    Sent it back without filling it out.
    More crap from cantdo mob.
    Cheers
    Ray

Scan_Pic0001.jpgNo I have not but after spending 9 weeks in Port Douglas I saw first hand what the green zones / Marine zones are doing to the economy.
    Have a look at Bush and Beach magazine august edition which shows a map of Australia with the current Marine zones. Then look at the proposed Marine zone by Tony Burke.
    Yes the new Marine zones are right around the coast of Auistralia.
    It is an absolute disgrace.
    I have done my bit and sent a petition to Warren entisch MP Local member for Leichardt.
    I suggest that every fisher get their fingers out and do something about it. We are going to lose are fishing grounds eventually if this proposal goes through
    Regards Dop