Thread: 4-5 days fishing in Exmouth, land based & day/night charter ANY TIPS PLEASE!!

Question 4-5 days fishing in Exmouth, land based & day/night charter ANY TIPS PLEASE!!

Hey guys,

heading over to exmouth for a qiuck 4-5 fishing trip before work, taking my own tackle, highing a car for land based metal, plastic, hard body & maybe 1 or 2 days on a charter. I have NO IDEA about the north west, as in how to fish it where to fish it (with 70kms of Exmouth) etc etc etc.
    Have quite an arsenal of lures of all types & would love a heads up on where, when & what to throw!
    Have braid from 20lb-50lb, leader from 10lb-60lb, light to head rods between 6ft-13ft, f***king heaps of Zman/gulp/squidgy plastics from 2"-7", metals, vibes,
    surface-6m hard body lures.

but will looking to any suggestions from you lads on taclke for the Exmouth area BUT would like to know if theres any local dangers i should be aware of while fishing while fishing/waiding the shallows.

Also whats species are best to target this time of year??

Any charters that you can recommend for a lone fisherman

ANY TIPS ON ANY OF THESE MATTERS WOULD BE AWESOME & TAKEN ON BOARD!!!!

Thanks for reading & happy fishing. x

Re: 4-5 days fishing in Exmouth, land based & day/night charter ANY TIPS PLEASE!!

Mate, there's a pretty good article about land based lure fishing around Exmouth in the July/August edition of Australian Travelling Angler, by Jo Starling (wife of Steve Starling). It features Jo and Steve using spin gear and salt water fly. The article covers tackle used, locations, lures, local tackle stores, kayak and boat hire etc. There's also a seperate story about fly fishing in Exmouth.

If you can't get a hold of a copy, pm me an address and I'll send you mine.

Cheers,
    Jim

Re: 4-5 days fishing in Exmouth, land based & day/night charter ANY TIPS PLEASE!!

Mate you're gonna have a ball, some of the best fishing around in that area, if you want a good charter operator hit up Eddie at peak sports fishing, there is some thumping GT action around there and he knows the spots, also a good mate of mine who sometimes deckies for Peak lives there, I can put you in contact with him he's been around that area for years
    Good luck
    O

I did a one day trip with O`Brien Charters and caught 4 species I had never seen before.
    The skipper was a great bloke and because the Ningaloo reef is so close to the coast, we were fishing in 35 minutes from leaving the dock.
    Sounds like you have all the gear you need. Good luck....you will have a ball!

Thanks for all the help guys, I will check out mag Boat Hog, GT's are what I had in mind Jacksrbetter & I was looking at PEAK already so I will get in contact for sure, Reggy I'll looking at obriens too.
    Once again thanks guys, the planning begins.

i was just out there for a week and used on strike charters, josh is a good skipper with a superior rig. it is sailfish season over there right now so if you go out with eddie at peak or josh at on strike that should be at least part of your day. land based fishing is done from the ningaloo side of the penninsula, just jump in your car and head down the road past the tantabiddi ramp and there are plenty of spots to pull in, some dont allow fishing some do, but all are well signposted and the ranger should give you a map on your way through the park. just pick a spot that's not a green zone (they have a few of those over there) and walk the shore line casting your lures and have a blast. you catch all sorts of goodies from shore, just be sure to pick a day when the wind is in your favour.