Thread: Can I go to green island with out a two way?

Can I go to green island with out a two way?

Can I go to green island in the bay with out a two way radio or do I have to carry one

Re: Can I go to green island with out a two way?

The simple answer is no, you don't have to have a two way radio to visit Green Island

You can go to the North Pole without one if you want to.

They are, however, highly recommended and the 27MHz ones, at least, are not that expensive and don't need any sort of a licence to operate them.

Sweet cheer guys just wanted to make sure

While you may not need one it is highly advisable to get one, as Charlieville mentioned, the 27mhz aren't very expensive but the VHF radios' are so much better, a license for them isn't that hard to get. Any type of radio is better than no radio!

Questions has been answered, but just to put it in perspective, kayaks go out to green island every day.

Quote Originally Posted by llourd View Post
    Questions has been answered, but just to put it in perspective, kayaks go out to green island every day.
    And most of us carry hand helds, well my group does anyway

i bought a vhf handheld last yr for back up for the fix mounted... one i got the 5w and it cost me around $140 from the boatshop.com.au.have been out to the 50's off the goldie and out to squarepatch off moreton and it recieves and transmitts out in those area.always good to have a spare in the boat for piece of mind