Thread: Mooloolaba canal jack?

Mooloolaba canal jack?

hey just wondering .. have done some searches but nothing specific i can find about jack in the mooloolaba canals. just thinking of doing some yaking through there and from my trips there going through it seems the right sort of country but is that correct?
    regards jim

Re: Mooloolaba canal jack?

Yea totally mate, there's plenty in the canals, hit the bridge pylons etc, might be still a bit cold but they're there.

Plenty of jacks in Mooloolaba canals mate, lots of structure, but typical with the jacks, sometimes thier preferred structure is the one that we overlook as not going to hold fish.

Keep a close eye on plain concrete walls as well.......plenty of fish find them interesting.
    Jack.

Have pulled them from Mackenzies bridge and Kawana canals. Like blokes said above, there'll be plenty ready to tangle in that area.

Cuzza

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post

Keep a close eye on plain concrete walls as well.......plenty of fish find them interesting.
    Yea concrete walls are the go, especially when the tides running around a bend or corner, I got smoked the other day out of my yak by what I can only assume was a jack, was running 4lb, didn't stand a chance

geez 4 pound. you're a very brave man. you fellas live bait em or lure em up. the bridges you're referring to are nicklin way bridge? sorry I don;t know the area that well yet.