Thread: borumba recapture

borumba recapture

Hi all, had a top day fishing borumba dam on sunday , after visiting Graham at imbil tackle who put me onto some spots to fish I landed over a couple of hours 20 plus bass one of them being a tagged fish that had been originally tagged by a B Oxford assuming that is the Barry Oxford it was first tagged 171 days ago . Could someone through the grape vine let Barry know that 1 of his borumba tagged bass has been re-captured & released.

Morfin Park

Re: borumba recapture

Hi Morfin,
    Mate Bill always let's me know when a return is advised. It is part of the system for tagging.
    Thanks anway. Wish you had measured it though as it is always nice to know how much growth has taken place since tagging. Next time Huh!
    I am always interested in fish that I have tagged from mid 20's downwards because at times it has been questioned wether tagging fish is detramental to the fish.
    I have had 4 recaptures this year of those sized fish and some of them have them have shown very good growth.
    Unfortunately thanks to Campbell and his crew funding for tagging has been withdrawn so efforts to monitor our bass and there health may be coming to an end.

Bad_Bazza