Thread: Bling on paternoster rigs

Bling on paternoster rigs

Does anybody reckon the use of bling eg glow beads, lumo tubing, squid or octopus skirts, tinsel skirting, fly hooks, bucktails, glow sinkers, or any other bling makes a difference in their catch rate as opposed to a standard two hook paternoster with no bling?

Re: Bling on paternoster rigs

not sure on the patanoster rigs josh but i recon they make a huge difference in the floatlined snelled hook setup with the glow sinkers
    cheers rosco

Thanks rosco. I'm also a floatline man and reckon the bling work a treat.
    However, on my my trip out with Brett and Rob, I persisted all day with the floatline and jigs and ended the day with a doughnut (can't remember the last time that happened). Rob and Brett on the other hand were filling the icebox with some nice reefies and even managed a kingie and a samson as I looked on with envy. The week prior, I caught a heap of snapper on the floatline so go figure. I will from now on have a paternoster rig setup in case the floatline fails on me again. I have tied a few different variations but just wondered what setup has worked for everyone else and whether bling has played a part

hey mate, did a bit of a test last time out at cal 12mile with 2 identical set ups (2x trinidad 30tn 65lb braid 8-30kg wilson livefibre texalium.) used twin 4/0 circles no bling and twin rigmaster 4/0 hairyhooks with lumo beads and can say the hairyhook/lumo bead set up did the job. was suprised as i'm one who is cynical about fishing fads. regards, tony.

Rosco,
    Do you use lumo tube on a float line snell set up? I found REALLY cheap lumo tube in an arts & crafts shop my wife visited. About 1/4 the price.
    Thanks,
    Tony

nah tony i dont,going to try a bit between the hooks to try and stop some of the bite offs.will give this ago next trip out

Thinking of running a length of it down to the jig head. Going wide on Friday so I'll try it out.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by sig632f View Post
    hey mate, did a bit of a test last time out at cal 12mile with 2 identical set ups (2x trinidad 30tn 65lb braid 8-30kg wilson livefibre texalium.) used twin 4/0 circles no bling and twin rigmaster 4/0 hairyhooks with lumo beads and can say thve itoe hairyhook/lumo bead set up did the job. was suprised as i'm one to who is cynical about fishing fads. regards, tony.
    Thanks Tony. I have tied a couple of paternosters with fly hooks and beads above it so cant wait to try em out