Thread: Pflueger Patriarch Spin Reel

Pflueger Patriarch Spin Reel

I have a Pflueger Patriatch 9535 for sale in the Classifieds. Please check it out if of any interest.

Re: Pflueger Patriarch Spin Reel

No takers? Mo Tackle has them for $249.

Gday peter just a question for you please do you know where i might get replacement bearings for my TLD25please.been out a few times with some blokes on the FFF site been great trips but with not many fish.so your selling your beloved patriarch.Hope to do a heap more fishing soon as dad has told me i can use the boat anytime so thats a huge load off.Ill BE SURE TO POST SOME PICS WHEN I GET THEM THINGS are a bit slow for me .Its been a whole new learning curve for me as im use to having my big boat and going 40 km offshore.
    All the best for now anyway.
    Cheers Rob .
    Shut up and fish

Hi Rob,

Are you still back in Darwin? I'd try contacting Shimano in Sydney directly or asking a local tackle shop if they can order them in for you. That will give you an idea of pricing from Shimano. You can get schematics from Shimano's website which will give you the part numbers.

Probably the cheaper option is to take the old bearings to a bearing manufacturer such as CBC and they will measure them up with a micrometer and supply replacemet (non genuine but probably as good - if not better) bearings.

The Pfleuger Patriarch is a great reel (very smooth and lightweight) but I bought it to replace one of my aging Shimano 2500 reels and as it is only weighs 211 grams it doesn't balance out the rods that it was intended for. I already have a Stradic and a Sustain in the 1000 sizes for my 1-3 kg rods which are the same weight as the Patriarch so I thought I would sell it while it is still unused and buy a 2500 Stradic FJ.

Cheers, Peter

Hi Peter
    im not sure what bearing is making the sound ,thats a bit hard to tell is it best to replace them all.After i got here Laura rang and said she had made the biggest mistake of her life and wanted me back,So the plan is to sell the house and she will move up here.that was 6 or 8 weeks ago ,shes been up once and coming up at the end of Sep .We also have a buyer for the house so thats a big load off.I got a job a week after i was here ,and quit last week start a new job on Thursday.So its all happening up here.I have a had a few flicks and caught a feed or 2 of garfish.on the light gear.But have also been lucky to deckie on some of the bigger boats on the fff forum so thats been fun.Not that many fish when i go out but thats fishing.How have you been.been out latley,it should be warming up down that way soon.
    Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish

I've reduced the price and relisted the reel. Check it out if you're interested.