Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cheap ebay folding solar panels

cheap ebay folding solar panels

I am looking to buy one of those fold up solar panel kits. Spotted some on ebay for around $200 ala http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-120w-...ht_9469wt_1189

Just wondering if anyone has bought one, and if they are any good. All the other ones seem to go for $400 - $500

Re: cheap ebay folding solar panels

Andy,

Try these guys http://www.mandrakessolar.com.au/pricelist.html

The agent is based in Ningi (Bribie Island), I bought a set of 80w off him late last year, good service and back up.

I paid $300 for them which included a 5m lead that you can plug directly into your Anderson Plug.

Still got mine sitting in the box and haven't had to use them yet, can't run the battery flat enough to justify using them, this should change once the fridge is fitted up to the camper trailer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Paul

cheers mate, saw that mob, was told they are good, but the 120W fold out kit is 550 big ones compared to $200 for the ebay jobs. Thats a lot of ice in the esky! I was reading on exploreoz that one particular seller is pretty good, bitdeals so might give them a go.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    cheers mate, saw that mob, was told they are good, but the 120W fold out kit is 550 big ones compared to $200 for the ebay jobs. Thats a lot of ice in the esky! I was reading on exploreoz that one particular seller is pretty good, bitdeals so might give them a go.
    Mate, you get what you pay for I suppose.

I liked dealing with them because they were happy to answer any questions and collected them from his house, he said at the time of the sale if there is any dramas just bring it back or call him, something I found would be easier than trying to deal back through an E Bay seller.

If I don't usr my 80watters soon they may be for sale.

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by thedeckie View Post
    Mate, you get what you pay for I suppose.

Cheers

Paul
    This is true, but I cant justify paying that coin for something I dont really need. I will have the same problem as you, they will be sitting around doing nothing most of the time.

I am in exactly the same position and bit the bullet and bought one of the BitDeal 120W panels. They got a lot of good reviews on carvanning and ExplorOz websites as being good value for money and true to rated claims of output power. Also a good mob to deal with apparently.

The MPPT controller isn't supposed to be much good but is fine as a regulator. Mine will be turning up later this week hopefully (posted today to Cairns from Melbourne) so I can take photos/test/whatever for you if you want to wait a bit..

cheers

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    This is true, but I cant justify paying that coin for something I dont really need. I will have the same problem as you, they will be sitting around doing nothing most of the time.
    I'll just rent you mine when you need them

I'm hearing you though, I thought I may have used mine by now, once the fridge goes in I'm hoping that they will get used.

Cheers

Paul

The first use of mine will be at the start of September on a trip up to LakeField National park fishing with the boys. Will be running a 40L Engel, some LED strip lighting and some other bits and pieces from a 100 amp hour deep cycle.. only going for 4 days though so maybe not a real good test but long enough

will try to remember to post here and let you know how it goes..

Richard

Cheers, I need something for september too. I might just go ahead and order one. I was thinking about using the gennie, but even though its a 4stroke yammie, its still too loud for me, I hate the friggin thing for camping. Plus its really too big for camping use.

The next problem for me is what to replace my waeco with. Poor thing copped a drowning of salt water on the boat, its never been the same since. Thinking about the primus or ever kool dual zone fridge. Both out of the same factory in china, both use danfoss compressor, but have separate lids for fridge and freezer. Hmmm, decisions.

Andy

Do a search on MySwag. There has been quiet a bit of discussion on the matter and brands named that didn't rate output as claimed.

I bought a 120 watt panel off eBay about 3 years ago

Not sure it's the same place tho

I only use it a couple of times a years but they haven't missed a beat

They keep my 120 ah deep cycle topped up

Cheers gents, from all the reading it looks like bit deal is the way to go, so I am going to go ahead and order one.

I think I managed to get the waeco going again . I highly recommend not immersing them in salt water, its not good for them!

Bought 120w for 320 from LHP on ebay . Used them heaps when out in the van. Kept van charged well. Have seen very similar if not same for much more. I think they all come from the same Chinese factory then have different stickers put on them. Go for it i say.

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    Bought 120w for 320 from LHP on ebay . Used them heaps when out in the van. Kept van charged well. Have seen very similar if not same for much more. I think they all come from the same Chinese factory then have different stickers put on them. Go for it i say.
    Glad you had a good experience with those panels but looks like many many people have had issues with them - http://lphsolarpanelripoff.weebly.com/ (and then look at the links he mentions as well)

I have been using an Ebay 120W cheapie for a couple of years now. Great output and does the job fine
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"