Thread: Dingoe beach /Hideaway bay help

Dingoe beach /Hideaway bay help

Hello Im a new member wondering if anyone has any basic information re fishing the Dingo Beach/Hideaway Bay are in the Whitsundays.I have 2 weeks at a beachfront property at the end of Sep and will be running a 6.8 m plate boat with 200hp and 4.7 metre tinny with 60hp.

Are the islands around there any chop for reefies? Gloucestor/Ratray/Saddleback/Middle and what is the best approach-plastics/bait?If not are there any reasonable reefs within 20-30k?
    Snorkelling any good close in?

Also are the macks still present in Late Sep and if so do you need to head over to the Bowen grounds or do the waters off dingo fish well.

Have also heard the Gregory River and a few creeks north are ok for barra and jacks.Is that the case?

Any help much appreciated.

Re: Dingoe beach /Hideaway bay help

Mate when you are over near Saddleback, see if you can jag my Live fibre jigging rod ....

When using the Dingo beach ramp, high tide is your friend. Anything lower than half tide, then you'll find yourself a couple of hundred metres from the ramp. Some good grassies and trout around Saddleback and Ratray Islands - northern side. And some whispers from a B-I-L say there are some good reds and large mouth nannies western side of Gloucestor. You may want to invest in a stinger suit if snorkelling.

Cheers,
    Wags

Snorkelling is best around Saddleback; west and south sides are usually calm. Champagne Bay (east) when tide is in a bit. A few people now head out to the reef for their "big red" catches, Macks still over towards Bowen way. Nice reef fishing before you head around Georges Point.
    Shocking tidal ramp however if you can pick all day tides you are laughing. We can still come in on 45cms, very very slowly (5.8mt half cab tinnie). Still one of the best places in Australia IMHO!!! Love it.......
    Some people ask me how I can sit on a riverbank all day without catching a fish.......who are these people???

Thanks lads.

Where is Georges point.Cant seem to find it on map.cheers.

Its on the mainland, heading east from Dingo (south of Saddleback). It is right on the point after the Jonah Bays. The channel/passage comes around there and can get quite hairy at times. There are some nice bays around the point, just pick your days.
    Some people ask me how I can sit on a riverbank all day without catching a fish.......who are these people???

thanks Sumfish.cheers