Thread: HUMMINBIRD 788cxi gps combo

HUMMINBIRD 788cxi gps combo

These things confuse me. Surely ia not the only one who has trouble reading them.
    I mainly fish in water from 1m to prob 15m.
    Most of the time it only show like a flat bottom. Never seem to show fish or anything like bait showing like I see on other readings on here, especially on the thread "sounder readings".
    I think it's got to be in the settings I use. Should I use 200 or 83 mh, or 200/83?.
    Also the sensitivity readings.
    I see that the hds5 looks good.
    Is humminbird as good.
    If someone can help me it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
    Greg

Re: HUMMINBIRD 788cxi gps combo

Post some screen shots seahorse and settings and it will be easier to help you. I have the 798cxi si and am happy with it. I mostly use the side image though. A mate has an older humminbird and we can still find barra etc and shows rocks and other structure well.

I have a 778cx here are my settings and yeah I get my fair share of fish from the bay as well as out wide. sensitivity 14/20, lower range auto, chart speed ultra, bottom range 5meters, bottom lock on, fish id alarm on, sonar colours original, beam select 200, surface cutter 1, switch fire clearmode, fish id on, noise filter is high 1, max depth i use manually instead of auto, transducer select is duel beam, user mode advanced, i hope this helps you out, it took me a while to sort mine but now it is the ducks nuts, Just remember thew higher you have the noise filter the less fish you will pick up. Cheers, Brad.

Thanks Brad. I will try these

Cheers
    Greg