Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing the Keppels

Fishing the Keppels

Going to the Keppels next month, any comments on how the fishing has been?
    Some people ask me how I can sit on a riverbank all day without catching a fish.......who are these people???

Re: Fishing the Keppels

Quote Originally Posted by Sumfish9 View Post
    Going to the Keppels next month, any comments on how the fishing has been?
    will be on North Keppel in one months time and around the area for a week before the Agnes Water M&G

cheers Murf

I'm sure someone will do a report from the Yeppoon Tight Lines fishing classic on either sunday or monday.

Fishing around the islands has been pretty good especially barcheek trout on all the main rocky areas weather side
    the beaches are going off with big queenies trevally whiting bream flathead
    if you have a decent boat then reds, nannies, trout and spanish are and will be in form
    stacks of hardy heads and green back herring so take your cast net
    and the arrival of a few victorian touroes has added a little eye candy to the mix
    cheers
    IFISHCQ2

I also will be there next month, was originally going to go up to Lucinda and work the Island groups back, but due to the excessive amounts of cash needed to get my motor running properly I am very short of funds, so at this stage will just have to make do with the Keppel Island group, so hoping the fishing up there will be good at that time as well.

If not, then there are plenty of beaches to bum around on and make out like a tourist.

Thanks all, we will be in a half cab quinnie named sunfish2 (no relation to Sunfish organisation). If you see us give us a holler!!!
    Some people ask me how I can sit on a riverbank all day without catching a fish.......who are these people???

try the shallow reefs around pumpkin island if you get a chance. they always seem to produce a surprise catch, big GT's, Trout and jacks while trolling. watch the green zones though. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by MangroveZac View Post
    try the shallow reefs around pumpkin island if you get a chance. they always seem to produce a surprise catch, big GT's, Trout and jacks while trolling. watch the green zones though. good luck!
    cheers for that

and that reminds me does QLD still do those big green zone fold up maps and if yes can I order one online or just pick one up somewhere? I have always been in someone else's boat and never need them before. I will check the navionics card and put in extra GPS marks of green zones before we go but its always good to have a bigger plan in front of you

cheers Murf

Should be able to get them at Tackle shops and Marina. I know you can in Gladstone.....You can download them from GBRMPA website but even blown up to A3 they require magnifying glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    will be on North Keppel in one months time and around the area for a week before the Agnes Water M&G

cheers Murf
    Doing it tuff again Murf..

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    Doing it tuff again Murf..
    Don't forget the trip to Swains mid October

Cheers Murf

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    cheers for that

and that reminds me does QLD still do those big green zone fold up maps and if yes can I order one online or just pick one up somewhere? I have always been in someone else's boat and never need them before. I will check the navionics card and put in extra GPS marks of green zones before we go but its always good to have a bigger plan in front of you

cheers Murf

http://www.gbrmpa.gov.au/zoning-perm...ng-maps?a=4310

Zoom in using the computer and it's quite clear.

There are farking liveys everywhere at the moment to. Slimeys yakka's everywhere. We did troll up some Mack's out at barren and child which is not far from Kepple either

Cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

All the servo's and tackle shops have them here
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeBoony View Post
    There are farking liveys everywhere at the moment to. Slimeys yakka's everywhere. We did troll up some Mack's out at barren and child which is not far from Kepple either

Cheers from boony
    hope your not talking about Mac Tuna there Boony

18 DAYS TO GO just sorting out all the camping gear atm

cheers Murf