Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What have you lost overboard

Re: What have you lost overboard

Well all good, phones up and running and no damage to the phone or the battery.

Pulled it down this morning with a phone repair chick who said she'd never worked on a ZTE F165 before but what the heck lets have a go, so we did.

After a few days in the rice after its salt wash followed by battery out and the phone and the battery in dunked fresh water. No corrosion was evident so after tooth-brushing and a brief hit with a heat gun put it back together.

Keys were a bit sticky for a while but wandered over to a mates place and sprayed it with a bit of Charlie's watch cleaning stuff (thought of you Finga) and seems good as gold after a 15 min dry out so the cleaner could evaporate.

Maybe a nice rice pudding with plenty of sultanas will be the go tonight!

Cheers
    Chimo (not a GOM at present)
    What could go wrong.......................

guys just thought i would add. Lost my little berkley dropshot 2-4kg with 1000 sienna over the side yesterday. Something pulled it straight outta the holder and into the drink before i could blink.
    Getting dragged around the pine somewhere today.

Edit: incredibly got it back now!!

Here you are then Chimo

Thanks for that, J J, needed a little cheering up as the phone still has a few tricks up its sleeve. It keeps calling voicemail, even without a a touch on the keys. Glad its got the number wrong or I'd be eating sausages and rice pudding for a few weeks to pay the bill.

C
    C

PS Cracked it with the phone constantly ringing by itself so pulled it apart and had a working bee on it with WD - 40. Seems to be better than ever and its been behaving itself all day.

One more thing to add to the list of things WD 40 is good for, fixing sticking keys and the electronics under them in and all though drowned mobile phones.

PPS The rice is about to be food!
    What could go wrong.......................

Quote Originally Posted by kingcray View Post
    guys just thought i would add. Lost my little berkley dropshot 2-4kg with 1000 sienna over the side yesterday. Something pulled it straight outta the holder and into the drink before i could blink.
    Getting dragged around the pine somewhere today.

Edit: incredibly got it back now!!
    How, more info please?

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    How, more info please?
    it shot out of the boat yesterday while whiting fishing. only light outfit, no drag set, probably a large whiting as i had the same rod get pulled into the drink a few days earlier.
    A mate of mine was out with me at the time and saw it happen, he went back out today for a fish and by absolute fluke he hooked up on somthing felt like a snag, kept winding, first came some line (my rig), then came a big clump of weed, then my little outfit on the end!!
    rather miraculous considering the strong currents that run through there, and a full 24 hour gap between losing and finding again.