Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What have you lost overboard

What have you lost overboard

I have a baitboard to which I have attached a set of pockets to hold, grippers, knives, dehookers, long nosed pliers and scissors and do ask my crew to put items back in their as otherwise the hardware gets covered in blood and slime and the occasional loss of a knife or four (at last count). Went out last weekend with a new deckie to assist as had the managing director with me and I needed to ensure some one else had a line in the water while I looked after her. I went through the routine with him, Life jackets there, Flares Vsheets etc there, over the side if his farts smelled - you know the new chum routine including put all hardware away and do not leave them on the baitboard. I even told him that I don't like my knives covered in crap and that every time some one leaves one there I inevitably loose it.

Sure enough the missus catches a fish, I bring it aboard and gently hold it onto the baitboard and it flips its tail - what the hell was that yellow thing that just went flying, yep another knife disappears into the deep blue depths.

I have lost prescription sunnies, car keys, knives but not much else, what have you lost.

Re: What have you lost overboard

One week old phone in 125 ft of water off the Gold Coast (24s) some time ago. Received texts etc for quite a while but hard to retrieve them.

Very small reward for return.

Cheers
    Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Have lost knives, sunnies, lip grips, pliers, two deckies (but got them back, although would have prefered my lip grips) and quite a few beers in coolers of which we have managed to save the coolers. Have found some cool stuff, although thats probably content for a different thread.

lost a watch overboard a few months ago

Sunnies and heaps of them.

stomach contents and possibly half a kidney

yep brand new set of long nose......could have been the old rusty pair, but no..

1 kero lighter, 1 mobile phone, 1 cast net (recovered), 1 skipper (also recovered), 1 landing net. phone and keys have new dry box. new landing net filled with expanding foam. old skipper filled with expanding waistline
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Phulger & stradic 2500, no no I took it well

People i know had a 10 year old child dragged over the side of the boat
    because he had the fishing line rapped around his hand drift fishing
    and the line got snagged
    no need to say any more
    Because that was the end of the story?
    I told this fact because if anyone learns anything that's a good thing?
    Sad but true.

My anchor....

3 nice & expensive spin outfits - including one on it's second cast a hand held GPS - a couple of gaffs - a couple of pair of quality sunnies - boga grips ...... too many hats - a nice wet weather jacket ....... probably $4000

2 anchors that were not tied off
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

When I purchase the boat in first outing, I filled up all 6 rod holders on the rocket launcher and come back home with 5 rod holders.
    Still dont know what happened to my Shimano setup.
    I think the bolt was loose and rod holder dropped out, didnt hear a thing....

A mate who was having a pants down call of nature at the time. Also a new 850ss and rod . Oh yeah A game outfit attached to a YFT although we got that back. One very unlucky YFT. And a motor....

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowjack View Post
    My anchor....
    My brother lost his anchor when he forgot to tie it on and the deckie launcehd it out into the nether nether.