Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What have you lost overboard

Re: What have you lost overboard

hhhmm, now let me se, a Seiko divers watch, a wallet, a few flying gaf handles, a brand new Sabre spin stick with a brand new Spinfisher (never cast a bait) a thermos cup/lid, plenty of knives, a landing net, a couple of gaffs (some in fish), not too sure i want to admit to any more, mind you, some of these were not my doing, just on my boat!

A whole boat load of stuff
    5 rods and reels all good gear
    down rigger
    a big box of lures and rigs
    I phone
    H/H GPS
    sounder
    scotties
    heaps of good old shit that can't be replaced.

Insurance covered a bit .
    Better pay more attention when I go to sea ! ......... Lol

cheers Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by gbread View Post
    2 anchors 1not tied off the other broke off,1 pair of spotters ,umpteen hats ,1 brand new baitcaster outfit. why is it that its always the good stuff? !!!!!
    one time at North West Island I watched a s afloeted went past and said to my mate quick grab it some has lost their anchor when he looked around his was gone. Should have been tied off but for some reason wasn't, about a week later one of our othe NWester's were motoring past and noticed some rope floating onthe water and retrieved our anchor for us. It was good save as out there, there aren't any shops.

Very funny thread guys...LMAO.....lucky this is not a contest, would be hard to pick a winner.

I've lost, a brother doing the splits between boat and Manly pontoon (flexible buggar), iPhone, sunnies, Baitrunner 6500 and rod like a torpedo from deckies butter fingers when a snap went running (thanks for the new rig Benny), gaff's, net, knives...mmm...most things bar my virginity ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinch View Post
    Very funny thread guys...LMAO.....lucky this is not a contest, would be hard to pick a winner.

I've lost, a brother doing the splits between boat and Manly pontoon (flexible buggar), iPhone, sunnies, Baitrunner 6500 and rod like a torpedo from deckies butter fingers when a snap went running (thanks for the new rig Benny), gaff's, net, knives...mmm...most things bar my virginity ;-)
    Funny you say that, ive almost done the splits at that pontoon before...

ummmmm.... ME! - Towing the Mrs around in a tow tube at Baroomba Dam - there was a lot of boats on the water and chop/pressure waves everywhere. Doing the big slingshot turn at about 50kmh to try and throw the wife off the tube (lots of screaming) and I got a bit too side on to a big pressure wave. Boat tips up almost on its side. - Threw me out through the biminy struts. (not sure how - I'm not exactly small).

The tow tube ended up doing it's best submarine impersonation (may have been why we bogged in on the turn) - This resulted in the wifes screams turning to gurgles. I surfaced without my hat, shirt, sunnies, shorts etc half expecting to see the boat upside down - but it was all good. Boys in the boat couldn't stop laughing. Wife was trying to laugh in between coughing up half of the lake.

They still give me plenty of stick about it.............

Mark

Mark

Mark, sounds like your are stuck with your wife for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Mark, sounds like your are stuck with your wife for life.
    27 Years in a couple of weeks - and it is more like she is stuck with me......... - where else is she gonna get a good laugh?

Mark, congrats sent, you going to take her fishing for her anniversary

Mark, congrats sent, you going to take her fishing for her anniversary
    Fortunately for me - I'm a little smarter than that.

I'll be on the lookout for something "just right" - at the Boat show next weekend.

Maybe a new Lowrance sounder?..........Ok - I'm not that smart. Certainly something to make her time on our newly renovated boat (when I've finished it) more enjoyable.

Sounds like an idea for a new thread............

Mark

Let's see, Anchor not tied to rope, Anchor when D shackle came undone, Anchor not tied to rope, luckily I make my own. Uglystick and Diawa baitcaster, expensive set of Berkley lip grips on their first outing, Prop and a deckie that thought we were close enough to shore on a deep drop off(got him back a little wetter than expected. The list is surely not finished, that I am sure of.

Jeff.
    Quality is still delivering long after you have forgotten the price.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyCoastMark View Post
    Fortunately for me - I'm a little smarter than that.

I'll be on the lookout for something "just right" - at the Boat show next weekend.

Maybe a new Lowrance sounder?..........Ok - I'm not that smart. Certainly something to make her time on our newly renovated boat (when I've finished it) more enjoyable.

Sounds like an idea for a new thread............

Mark
    Mark, I was wondering how I would get mine (just over the 38 years last month) to agree to some more electronics i.e. sounder died, and she did notice that the new GPS/Sounder combo worked well except I worked on the theory that I always need glasses and a split screen is too difficult (the new unit is a beaut and I don't need them) when the good old Humpbacks came to the rescue. They put on a good display for her a couple of weeks ago and she was convinced that she needed to go out more and I needed to get better electronics to help find them. I don't kow who put that idea into her head but I am fully in agreeance, I also had a good mate on board as a witness. Just find her weakness and exploit it, thank god she doesn't read this site.

Just find her weakness and exploit it, thank god she doesn't read this site.

As far as you know.........................

Aw... he'd know if she did!

Same as mine, I know she doesn't because I haven't yet got a clip over the ear (about this site...)

Lost knives, anchors, Shimano TLD 15 with Silstar power tip, numerous bara combos due to sweaty sun screen hands and people learning to fish. The only thing I have lost often and never seem to get back is respect from mates when I have lost a stomper.