Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barwon Banks 08/08/2012

Cool Barwon Banks 08/08/2012

A few of the boys have been putting in the hard yards and working long hours. They enjoy their fishing and a coldie so to show my appreciation I thought I would combine the two.
    I booked a day charter out to the Barwon Banks aboard Prospector (Offshore Reef & Game Fishing Mooloolaba). Left Mooloolaba at 5.30am and cruised out to the banks in glassed out conditions. We hadn’t even left the harbour and the boys had cracked a coldie and it was cheers all round so I knew we were in for a good day .
    The skipper put us onto some good spots with some good size fish coming aboard and a good variety. No real trophy size fish however everyone landed themselves a nice feed. The friendliness of the skipper and deckie, a thousand beers with laughs and the fish that were caught made it a absolute magical day. The pics below were my contribution to the ice box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0236 (800x451).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	83267Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0237 (800x451).jpg 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	83268Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0238 (800x451).jpg 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	83269

Cheers, Mick

Re: Barwon Banks 08/08/2012

Mick,
    That is a nice pearlie, can I come an work for you

sounds like a dream day mick. any jobs goin at your joint?
    Dean

nice 1 mick a good feed.maybe i will get the ass as skip now.lol.
    cheers rosco

Well done. Some really nice fish caught there.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Yeah Mick im looking for a new job, maybe your entertainment manager.

Thanks for the comments guys. Rosco you are safe as the skip as i have no intentions of jumping ship however i did make sure we went out on a cat lol. Madmackrel i am searching and holding auditions for a entertainment manager, however i think it might be a different type of entertainment. Unfortunately i dont think you will fit the job description. lol

Cheers Mick

Good job Mick nothing like giving the boys an excuse to enjoy working for you
    Perry I still need a cleaner mate

Well done Mick. Sounded like you were having fun when you called me on the radio. Some good fish there mate.

Well done, mate. Sure sounds like a good place to work.

Is that a sharkcat in your avatar? Would you ever take it out to the banks? I guess if you had a few to take care of a charter would be better/roomier.

Cuzza

Hi Cuzza, yes the shark cat in my avatar is mine. It is a 5.5m original bruce harris. I have just recently fitted brand new twin 130hp saltwater series yammies on the old girl and tarted her up a bit. She goes like a rocket and eats up the swell and chop without a drama. They are a very stable boat and the rougher it gets the more they perform, ( bit like a bird i once knew ) lol. I would gladly take myself and two deckies out to the banks but due to the size and limited deck space any more would be a waste of time. However a bigger cat and more horsepower isnt to far away.

Cheers Mick

hey mick will give ya mates rates on the kc ....will come down on the weekend and have a chat to barbie bout it again,i will help ya empty the fridge of those red cans if you want.lol ....i will even leave my marks in the gps to sweetin the deal...

Hey rosco, you forgot one thing mate. Bring a couple of bottles of wine and then start talking to the misses and i think it will be a done deal, lol . As for the red cans you are always welcome to empty as many as you like. The marks will be sweet especially the one for the honey hole.

Cheers Mick

ok mate will pop down tomorrow for a look at the weather and maybe blue shorts as well as little miss springie toes.lol

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    hey mick will give ya mates rates on the kc ....will come down on the weekend and have a chat to barbie bout it again,i will help ya empty the fridge of those red cans if you want.lol ....i will even leave my marks in the gps to sweetin the deal...
    They wouldn't happen to be MY marks would they?