Thread: Nelsons off Tangalooma

Nelsons off Tangalooma

Hi, was wondering if anyone has heard of Nelsons out from Tangalooma and was hoping to sound some GPS marks if anyone is kind enough.

I think its called the captain neilson mate, you might find the marks on the internet somewhere

Re: Nelsons off Tangalooma

had a look at old posts and i can find captain neilson around the bottom of mud, place we are looking for is about 1.5k out from tangalooma

Quote Originally Posted by itsmango View Post
    place we are looking for is about 1.5k out from tangalooma
    Thats where it is mate, have a look for boats anchored up a couple of hundred metres from a beacon

was it like a sunken houseboat or something?

Thnik it was a ship that went down in a storm killing some on board, we have landed some nice fish from it over the years including snappa around ten kilos and some longtails over the twenty kilo mark.

dredge that turned over.

remaining part is just the wheelhouse that got stuck in the mud and cut off during salvage

Type it into the search bar......it takes about 2 seconds to find some numbers.

The wreck off mud is the grazier, the Neilsen in on the banks opposite tangas
    try 27.11.250 153.19.960 there are two marks not far apart, cant find the other one at
    the moment.

The Neilson gets hit pretty hard. If you fish it during the week or at night it can still produce good fish. there are some outcrops of Coffee rock around the area that fish better but you will have to locate them yourself
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

hardly worth fishing now, flogged to buggery

you need to be there on a not so strong tidal flow, when no one else is there

good luck, worth trying, but hard to get a chance to fish it properly

GThree guys I know only bother with the Neilsen for maybe 3-5 tides a month and then it comes down to weather on top of that.
    They get very good results at times but they know its a easy place to flog a dead horse at. They worked it out for themselves by going back through thier catch records and studying tides, flows and moon and winds that produced the good results. If they cant tick of three of these at once they do not bother going there.

I haqve not cracked the secret code myself for there, but I do know what they go with and i am not telling.....
    Jack.

Your better off (if someone would tell you??) fishing the isolated marks around the MM.
    There are some coffee rock areas, and some old WW2 dump sites.
    But you have to be right on the marks to do any good.