Thread: Tips on fishing the Tweed River

Tips on fishing the Tweed River

Sorry accidentally posted in freshwater fishing section.

Hi all

A few mates and I are hiring a houseboat and fishing the tweed for a few days next weekend. I have never fished the Tweed and am after some general spots to start to catch the usual estuary fish. I will be bringing my tinnie and mostly fish lures so any info would be much appreciated. By the way, how many crab pots are allowed per person In NSW?

Cheers Cody

Re: Tips on fishing the Tweed River

watch where you anchor up, I've seen more than a few peoples days ruined there, wake up in the morning....high and dry....saw one bloke once out on the sand trying to pull himself off......with what looked like his missus standing up on top giving him a serving

There are sand flats next to the golf course, the piggery and down around Tumbulgum that hold whiting and flathead. Heaps of rock walls all over for Bream and you got several bridges to take the tinnie over to and try your luck there. Up around the mouth will be Tailor if they're around and down the fingal stretch as well. 1 pot per person, don't forget your licence, and there is a cheaper one if just fishing the Tweed.
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Re: Tips on fishing the Tweed River

Thanks for your help mate. Weather looks great so hopefully will be a great time with a few fish caught.