Thread: nitro voodoo?

nitro voodoo?

iwas looking at this rod the other day i was going to match it to a daiwa freams 2500 for snapper jewies or anything else in the mid size range it just seems a bit short to me. i was looking at the nitro magnum butt but the reel didnt balance as well nad the but was quite long.

just wondering if you guys could give me some info on them and if there up to the job on bigger fish.

any feedback apreciated.

also would like to hear about the reel if possible

cheers bommie

Re: nitro voodoo?

It's probably not as good a reel but it's pretty hard to past the Penn Slammer 360 right now as they clear them all out to make way for the new Spinfisher. At 85 bucks including a 300 yard spool of braid to boot it's a lot of bang for your buck. I got three the other day and a 460 for good measure. Good robust reels.

Daintree, where did you pick the Penn Slammers up, ive had a couple of spinfishers for 20 yrs and they have been good although very heavy.

Not allowed to post those sorts of links up guys (I think) so send me an email message at fnq1974@yahoo.com.au. Most major Aussie stores are doign this at the moment and have been for a little while so there can't be too much left.

Any info on either rod apreciated

Hi Bommie don't know much about the Voodoo but I have the Viper - great rods and fish well above their rating I reckon.

Hope thsi helps