Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have You had to help an idiot?

Re: Have You had to help an idiot?

boating does attract idiots .......
    but rock fishing sees the best of them - like the guy in mid winter that fished a wave washed ledge in overalls and steel capped boots ...... we warned him & he just fobbed us off till the back wash knocked him over - If a mate & I didn't grab him as he was going in ..... he was gone!!

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Have you guys seen the Darwin Awards site?

You win a Darwin Award by killing yourself in a spectacularly stupid way and therefore removing your genes from the gene pool. The awards are amusing tinged with sadness because unfortunately even us dumb blokes leave behind grieving loved ones.

http://cgi.DarwinAwards.com/cgi/random.pl Scroll down to story.

I was fishing in the Rous, a few years back now, and heading for home I noticed a couple of blokes in another boat waving frantically. I motored over and they said their battery had died, could I get them started. I uncoupled my battery and passed it over. The skipper pulls his battery out of its case and the connections to the terminals are an absolute mess of corrosion - so bad that when he tugs on one to remove it the lead breaks free leaving a tangle of corroded wires projecting from it. By pressing this mess onto the terminals of my battery they managed to start their motor and I assume got home safely in the end. But why anyone would go to sea with a battery in that condition I have no idea. For mine they were asking for trouble - and they got it. Hopefully they learned something that day.
    Cheers Freeeedom

Came across a Jetski broken down being blown against the rock wall just near the mouth of boat passage, saw him waving, stiff 20+knots blowing into the rocks so went in pretty close to throw him a rope, just after he got the rope and i started reversing out he starts dicking around with a container under his seat and drops it in the water, he jumps in to get it and we end up almost back on the rocks, just sit down mate i say, so no he proceeds to drop this container not once but twice more, the last time he ends up between the ski and my boat in this choppy water and im thinking hes gunna get squashed, he gets on the ski as we are almost back on the rocks, i tell him then that if he doesnt sit down im done and he can wait for someone else, finally get himoff the rocks and tow back to the ramp, let him loose at the ramp, he gets his ski out and shoots through, no thanks. Makes you wonder.

What was in the container. His brain??

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    What was in the container. His brain??
    His stash
    Cheers

Trev

Probably his phone...

A text arrived with a chirpy sound and as we all know, that cannot be ignored no matter what you are doing. So drifting onto rocks can wait while the text gets replied to. That's my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post
    Probably his phone...

A text arrived with a chirpy sound and as we all know, that cannot be ignored no matter what you are doing. So drifting onto rocks can wait while the text gets replied to. That's my guess.
    Hahahaha....thats funny.

I have been the idiot quite a few times. Started with the new boat, first dip in the water, standing there talking about the pride and joy to a mate when my son asks "should my feet be getting wet in here?" yep, forgot the bung......mate climbed over edge of boat with bung in hand, of course I had no idea which side of the boat the bung hole was!! I felt like a complete fool, even though everyone I spoke to assured me I'm not the first. My husband now has a saying, "take the bung out of your a**se and put it the boat"!!!
    Some people ask me how I can sit on a riverbank all day without catching a fish.......who are these people???