Thread: gday from mackay!

Talking gday from mackay!

Well ive just moved north from brisbane to mackay and i"m a long time lurker of ausfish but decided id pay up, start contributing and hopefully find a few fishing buddies up this way!!

Went down to the harbour ramp this afternoon and had a chat to a few blokes after their days fishing, was good to have a yarn about where they had been and whats been happening.

Now i do have a tub, a 5.6m trailcraft sportscab with a suzuki 140. I cant wait to get out and have a look around the new home ground!!!

Cheers Zane

Re: gday from mackay!

hey zane hows things,your going to have to find a new spot to fish other than boat rock.bit far to travel now

Things are good mate,yup im sure i can find myself a nice little bommie/reef to call home!

Welcome to Mackay Zane, sounds like a good enough rig you got there to get out wide to the reef or the 'shipping channel' as long as you dont mind a bit of travelling that is, got a haines 19R with a 140 suzuki and she gets me out far enough so youll be right, not sure what your chasing but im sure some tasty coral trout and reds wouldnt go astray, theres heaps of red throat on the chew at the moment too so hopefully we get some good weather like the last week ( was pissed of, had to work) and nail some quality fish , good luck and might see you out there hey
    Webster

Blog Entries

Welcome Zan0

Looking fwd to the reports and the pics

hey mate iv been up here 6mths found some good spots not far out, theres coral trout & snapper not far out mate, iv got a 5 meter allycraft but selling it this month to upgrade bigger, if u were keen i'd be happy to hook up with ya.
    when the nth winds start coming in the macky will start. (i know what ur thinking nth winds bad fishing, i from brisbane too,) but the macky love it here
    how do u find ur trailcraft in the chop? im looking at the 6.6m centercab trailcraft what do u think?
    what do u do for work?
    Screaming drag is my drug