Thread: Gladstone Charters MV Night Crossing

Gladstone Charters MV Night Crossing

Hi Ausfishers
    I`m have been invited on a charter on the Gladstone based Night Crossing fishing Swains Reef but I can`t find much in the way of reports regarding the boat here on Ausfish.Has anyone had any experience with them lately that they could pass on.I realize that on trips like this its what you make of it but its good to get the heads up in advance.
    Cheers
    TB91

Re: Gladstone Charters MV Night Crossing

I, too, am interested in any reports or general information about Night Crossing. I am booked in September.
    Cheers,
    kercus

Hi Kerus
    Apart from their web site I haven`t found much feedback at all regarding the Night Crossing.

regards
    TB91

A good mate has been going every year with this crew for 20 odd years to the swains, they are a group of medicos who aren't short of a buck and love their fishing. I was invited a few years back and thought they were pretty bloody good. The food, equipment and locations all worked well on my experience.

Craig

Also maybe do a youtube search some people put reports and clips up on there from there trips

shane

Quote Originally Posted by robersl View Post
    Also maybe do a youtube search some people put reports and clips up on there from there trips

shane
    Gave that a try, Shane, - no joy. Thanks for the suggestion, though.Perhaps some Ausfishers who have been to Swains within the last six months or so might let us know their most productive reefs.
    Did anyone burley from the dories? How successful was it? kercus

hi tb91, i have been on the Night xing , twice in 2011, i believe it is the best boat for comfort and food etc , however i will send you a private message with my phone number to fill you in on all the details

The Night Crossing is a beautiful well kept boat with great dories, food, comfort and the crew are great.

i worked for tackle world gladstone for the last two years and got to know alot of their customers as well as many of the others in the fleet. many crews have been using the boat for 10 + years and i cant say i heard any real negative feedback. they can certainly find the fish and it is a comfortable boat.

Thumbs up Re: Gladstone Charters MV Night Crossing

Recently returned from Swain's trip on Night Crossing. I must thank billyjack for info re this boat before trip.
    I cannot recommend this boat highly enough. The vessel itself is modern and purpose built.
    The accommodation fulfills every requirement, the crew is very proficient and hard-working,
    the meals are top class and huge ( too big for me ),the dories are excellent and the skipper is very competent. In general everything is superbly designed and organized.
    Our group were very happy with the trip and we returned with a very good catch.
    Cheers,
    kercus

P.S. I have nothing to do with the ownership or running of this boat.

I did the night crossing a few years ago, with i recon your medico mates liltuffy, I was a great experiance with everything you would expect, everything was of top class. food, grog, sleeping, clean, fast and accomodating. would recommend the night crossing anytime.