Thread: Good manners at the Bar

Good manners at the Bar

Hi all
    Was out and about yesterday and happened to have the radio on listening to all the chatter and reports of what was being caught when I heard a guy called up with the name Nitro? John I believe was his name.

What caught my interest was the fact that he was coming through the Bar-- South Passage I believe and was in the midst of helping a Yaght navigate through it. From what I heard the Yaghty had never been through there before and had no idea of what way to go.
    I heard pretty much all the conversation and was thinking how courteous it was this guy took the time to help out.

I just thought it was nice to hear and that someone had taken time out of their day to extend their knowledge to someone else who was not familiar with the passage.

The yaghty was most grateful and thanked This fella to no end for his help and even said he would not of made it through without some local knowledge.

Well done Mate whoever you are and nice to know there are still some nice people around.

Ronnie

Re: Good manners at the Bar

That sounds like John Palermo
    Top Bloke

Yep, as banksmister said,and knows how to find the fish too!
    Cheers
    Kerrod

G'day

Sounds like John Palermo, his boat Nitro is a cougar cat charter boat out of Manly.

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

No dought it would have been John Palermo (i don't know him personelly) top bloke have spoken to him many times at different boat shows he has a wealth of knowledge. I recall he took the time to show me a few tricks with my furuno sounder which helped tremendously. Always appeared to be honest down to earth bloke.

Mark

Yes i heard the chatter also, what's more he had a couple of other punters try to call him while in the middle of helping get through the bar. His replies were calm and remained polite asking if he could radio back after the crossing. He exhibits all the signs of a true gentleman. Cheers JP!

Scalem

One of the good guys
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Hi

Thought it may of been him.
    It was a very nice thing to do and as Scalem said he had calls while assisting and politely put them off until he had finished with the Yaghty.

Ronnie

12 of us went out on a charter with john in june and we booked to go out again in october he treated us real well and i would recomend him to everyone . he told us this is last year he selling up so i hope we can find someone as curtious to go with after that

Legend one of the gurus