Thread: Mouth of the Caboolture Riiver

Mouth of the Caboolture Riiver

If anyone is planing on fishing it this weekend I was over their this morning looking for a few tailor and the snot weed was that thick it made fishing nealy impossible.
    Cheers Martin

Re: Mouth of the Caboolture Riiver

Cheers, made up my mind for me, I was tossing up between fishing the Caboolture Club comp there tomorrow or going up to Baroon. Looks like Baroon gets the nod.

out there in the middle of week got 2 not to much weed

Hi
    Seems to be alot of weed over this way at present. Not so bad up the river a little further. Bribie way is just as bad.

Ronnie

Heading to the river tomorrow with Bro-in-Law. Will report in the arvo.
    Steve

Fished the run-in this A:M for 1x 35cm Whiting & 1x 48cm Lizzie. Still a fair bit of weed & I think the water is much too clear. Spent 1/2 an hr wrecking the back pumping yabbies & got both fish on worm Murphy at work perhaps?

Hi
    Maybe a little further up around bakers flats might be the go. Can't give you spot X but up that way.

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Ronnie H View Post
    Hi
    Maybe a little further up around bakers flats might be the go. Can't give you spot X but up that way.

Ronnie
    Thanks for the tip. Last night I spoke to an older & more skilful fisho mate who knows the river very well & he has the same advice. Wish I'd phoned him before & not after.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Squiggles View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Last night I spoke to an older & more skilful fisho mate who knows the river very well & he has the same advice. Wish I'd phoned him before & not after.
    Steve
    Told you so.

Ronnie

Yea, he's a good born & bred Scarborough bloke who's name is .................................................. Ronnie. I should have listened

I've just had a close look at Bakers Flat on an aerial photo site which has recent pikkies & i've taken notes. I'll be going next Thurs. if the wind b#$gers off!

I went up the Cab River this morning throwing lures about for 6 hours above Monty's Marina. No weed up that far, not one bite either......no schools of baitfish and no prawns flicking about. Sounder was pretty dead actually. Came back down near the mouth of King John Creek and there was some weed about but not too much. Still no real bait congregations. Water was quite dirty the first half of the run in too, lots dirtier then the Pine River.
    Jack.

Thanks T/Ticer.Doesn't sound too promising but Bro-in-law is working on a "secret bait" as I type so I'm obliged to give it a try (also using his boat). The winds must have stirred the water up a bit as last week it was like looking through a sheet of glass.