Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New BCF for Cleveland and other local mutterings!!

Re: New BCF for Cleveland and other local mutterings!!

Quote Originally Posted by bennykenny View Post
    being a little biased as i work for BCF, but if your complaining about them not having what you want like 'Electric Anchor Winches"is a bit strange, you cant keep every single thing people want in stock, and almost anything can be ordered in and it doesnt take long to arrive in store. a tip for shopping in the store is to ask for the person in charge of the section, the generally have a person on, who is in charge of each section,and i know in the store where i work, these guys and ladies know their stuff. try and stay away from the teens who think they know everything if your after some real advice. even i get a laugh out of listening to the things they say sometimes.
    Not sure which store you work at but my two local stores have very limited experience. I am not complaning that they dont just stock certain items BUT they know nothing about them at all and can't even offer brochures on these typse of items. Keep in mind its called BCF "Boating Camping Fishing"

Mark

Unfortunately one might not like it but WE are all the blame.
    Always on the look out for a bargain, buying overseas because it is cheaper,
    Going to Kmart etc, BFC (never been there) etc etc.
    Bottom line is that whilst we are doing that , the real dinky di tackle stores are missing out because the don't have the buying power and can't demand discounts like the big "volume" stores.
    Consequently sooner or later they disappear.

I agree with pescados, we all shop at woolies or coles because they are offering cheaper food. We go past the corner store unless it is absolutley necessary then pay the bit extra for the convenience. It is like every commodity we purchase, we always want the cheapest. With things like insurance, rates, rego etc getting more expensive everyone is forced to save wherever they can. This extends to our luxuries like going fishing (yes luxuries).

I consider myself lucky to be able to afford the be able to put fuel in the boats' tank to take my boys fishing. Yes I buy my soft plastics from BCF because they offer the best prices. Yes I buy my camping gear from BCF because they offer the best prices. If I want my kids to enjoy the things I did when I was growing up, I need to save money whenever and where ever I can.

It is unfortunate that this puts the smaller operator under pressure but what is the solution? Tough question I think.

Will they have security checks in aisle 3?

BFC never have any stock when I go there, just look at their sinkers,hooks, swivels and jig heads.... plenty there but the most useful sizes are always sold out.
    The prices are nothing special either.. you wont get a bargain there with name brands.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by MudRiverDan View Post
    The prices are nothing special either.. you wont get a bargain there with name brands.

Dan
    all lures at the moment are 25% off, thats a pretty good deal in my books.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

yes, 25% off might be a great deal, BUT.... 25% off what?? RRP? their over inflated price? they could double the ticket price, then offer 50% off, or 2 for 1, buy one get one free, take your pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    yes, 25% off might be a great deal, BUT.... 25% off what?? RRP? their over inflated price? they could double the ticket price, then offer 50% off, or 2 for 1, buy one get one free, take your pick.
    over inflated prices hahaha show me a tackle shop that sells them at prices which you dont consider over inflated, not including online stores.
    for instance a rapala x-rap manum 15 sells at tackle warehouse for $26.95, BCF's full price is $27.95, thats only 1 dollar extra, you cant really call that over inflated can you??? at the moment you can get it for $20.96, can you find any shop that sells them for that price??

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

you missed what I said, a "sale" or '25% off" means bugger all untill you know what the 25% is off.

yes but unlike supermarkets where prices of items change from week to week their prices are set to a constant, unless they have a sale on, so you know what the price is all the time, they dont just over inflate them to $50 each and give you 25%off it, people arn't that stupid.and there are laws to stop it anyway.

so ,how do i get a job at BCF in cleveland?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sid_fishes View Post
    so ,how do i get a job at BCF in cleveland?
    thanks
    so far there is no news going around within the stores about a cleveland store, but that doesnt mean its not happening, all recruitment is done through the BCF website.

I hope that little camping store doesn't go under. Love it there if they haven't got it they'll get it in. Friendly service and nothing's too hard.

Now that it's on the surface, been in BCF Capalaba three times (three times too many). Can't put a price to an item, first thought they were doing stocktake or rearranging the store but after the third time, I'd rather drive to Jones' Tackle at Lutwyche, but then again there's Graham at Wellington Point Marine (the local corner store). Limited stock but if it works!

Cheers, Ivan

Smile Re: New BCF for Cleveland and other local mutterings!!

Hey guys, There are many issues when it comes to employing boating, fishing and camping "experts". In order to employ the experts that you seem to expect in all of the Bcf stores, these experts require experience! Experience only comes with time and therefore age. I am not saying all, but most people with considerable experience are not at stages in there life where they are happy to sell fishing gear for the kind if wage that these big companies offer. Thats why they employ mainly teenage kids for after school and weekend work. Having been in the industry it can also be impossible to assist a lot of supposed experienced fishos as there a lot out there that seem to know everything anyway. Of course there are exceptions, however to expect every person in every store to know more than you regarding everything boating, fishing or camping is just crazy. Business employs the best people they have available to them at any given time! Just my thoughts! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bennykenny View Post
    over inflated prices hahaha show me a tackle shop that sells them at prices which you dont consider over inflated, not including online stores.
    for instance a rapala x-rap manum 15 sells at tackle warehouse for $26.95, BCF's full price is $27.95, thats only 1 dollar extra, you cant really call that over inflated can you??? at the moment you can get it for $20.96, can you find any shop that sells them for that price??
    yeah mate, i purchased quite a few lures on that deal. Thought it was their best deal they have ever had. got some good little discounts and saved a bit a cash. they even had 5.00 rmg lures there for a couple of days which i stoked up ona few of those as well.