Thread: Straddie beach situation

Straddie beach situation

We're planning on taking the camper trailer over to straddie during the ekka week. I just read on another forum that the beach has been badly damaged with the recent big seas and there could be an issue with getting off main beach to access the campsites, especially with the trailer.

Has anyone been over there in the last week and checked out the beach exits?

Re: Straddie beach situation

Hi Chisel,
    Been there last weekend, the exits are very steep, seen some big 4x4's stuck. On high tide I would not attemp it at all as the banks are washed away.
    Sure you can get your trailer up the banks with some good driving. The sand is really soft.
    Good luck

Not allowed on the beach at high tide...
    haven't been over in a while so wouldn't know but the fish should still be there

Cheers, PP

Yep, Straddie's a mess at the moment.
    High seas 3 weeks ago and then this week as well.
    A mate and his crew were the only ones camped down main beach 2 weeks ago.
    The Rinnai (plumbers) mob moved their yearly fish and p*** to Flinders that weekend because there was no way to get the trailers off the beach on Main.

Also, the mate broke his 15 month old Navara dual cab trayback getting off the beach the first day.
    Snapped the rails at the back of the cab. Write off.

So don't go to Straddie........Because I will be..........11,12 or 13 from 10th to 15th.
    I'll see you there.

Rod
    My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

Mate I was there last weekend with our fishing club. Camped at 13 but had to enter from 12 first up. Did get a track into 13 eventually but not easy. We got our refrigerated trailer in there but had to snatch it up. Was pretty hard going about half tide up or down. Beach is pretty skinny. Could not get to the pin after around half tide. a few tailor over there though.

I'm just back from straddie. Exit 12 was usable with some momentum. I managed to get the trailer up ok although quite a few people without trailers were struggling. Most had high pressures or not enough momentum.
    Almost all the exits were either very difficult or just completely impossible and unused. 6 and 9 were stuffed. 10 was stuffed although by Sunday someone had used it to get down onto the beach - no way to get up it. Exits 3, 4 and 7 looked usable but not easy. 11 was being used but was quite long and steep. 13 looked easy enough. Some people had used 5 but it looked a bit treacherous.

12th August looking south from 13.

Still 2 and half hours before high tide.

Rod

My dictionary defines green as ‘unripe, immature, undeveloped'. Perfect description.

Most political parties are seen as interested in what the voters think, the Greens are seen as thinking the community should be interested in what they think.

Will be camped down Flinders this week if anyone is heading over 😃