Thread: Newcastle newby

Newcastle newby

Hi all,
    I have recently moved back from the UK and have found Ausfish again.... wow.. missed it... So i have recently moved to Newcastle NSW, i don't have my boat here or my Kayak. just brought one rod down.. untill i get the rest of my stash moved down .. Was wondering if i could get a little advice on where i can go to catch a few fish in the mean time, just some easy access landbased type stuff for now.. any advice would be greatful.

cheers

Fishyfrost

Re: Newcastle newby

fish off the rockwalls on the river ...... some top fish get caught ( Jewies) - when it warms a little
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Lots of options mate. If you head toward swansea heads there is a little beach down to your left that runs toward the bridge. Salts Bay! Walk along this and after the first groin flick plastics or lures on the high tide for flathead and bream. Also along blacksmiths breakwall for tailor and salmon at this time of the year. A lot of good rock fishing too. Southern end of Dudley has heaps of options. Down off redhead bluff also good for drummer, groper etc. And then you have all the beaches around newy!

thanks guys.. hey lump is that on the blacksmiths side or the other side.. just been looking at google maps.. trying to work out the best access point and where it is... hopefully go for a flick tomoz if the weather permits

The other side mate. Head south on highway go over swansea bridge and the hang a left at the big roundabout then another left toward swansea heads. Turn left onto Lambton Parade then there is a small dirt rd off to the left. Takes you down to the corner of salts bay

cheers.... think the tide is high bout 11:30ish tomoz.... drop the lady at work and go for an explore i think