View Poll Results: Should fishing be an Olympic event?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 43.18%
  • No

21 47.73%
  • Only from Kayaks

4 9.09%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should Fishing be an Olympic event?

Blog Entries

Cool Should Fishing be an Olympic event?

Given games fever it is hard to choose between going fishing and wathching some of the Olympic events (particularly beach volleyball). So, if fishing were an olympic event we could have our cake and eat it tooo so to speak!! So I vote yes!!

Re: Should Fishing be an Olympic event?

Not a hope in hell mate. It would never get past a name like The Festival of Frolicking Fisherman Comedy Games with the likes of the Ausfish members.

Was only talking about this the other day. They already have "sports" like shooting and horse riding, so why not! C'mon, riding horses and firing guns, they're not athletes.
    Cheers,
    Leigh (Kero).

Yes but only if the womens team dressed and looked like this:
    <a title="hit-girls-fish-17" href="http://thechive.com/2010/03/03/chicks-with-fish-nuf-said-22-photos/hit-girls-fish-17/">

Yep got my vote! AHUH!

Interesting outfit used for for catching the fish, oh, and the rod and reel are passable, just.

Quote Originally Posted by Gon Fishun View Post
    Not a hope in hell mate. It would never get past a name like The Festival of Frolicking Fisherman Comedy Games with the likes of the Ausfish members.

2012 M&G Ausfish.jpg,,,,,,, I'll let you guys decide who's who,,,,, impressive team tho
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Marto

If that's the bait ( you choose what I'm talking about ) then what is she chasing.

BINGO

Id love to be a fly on the wall at a meeting for the Olympic Fishing Committee;
    "Guys guys guys!!! COMMON!!!!! We have been sitting here for 6 days, Which should we allow, Bait or plastics!

Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post
    2012 M&G Ausfish.jpg,,,,,,, I'll let you guys decide who's who,,,,, impressive team tho
    Mate, you have got Gold, Silver, and Bronze for that. Its a Classic. ROFPSML.

Japan would win by weight for sure.......

Citius, Altius, Fortius
    ~~~><))))*>

Maybe the Olympic Committee would have to include breathalyser tests as well as drug tests. Now put your hands up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post
    Dont know if I like the team uniform Chop.... Think they should be in bowler hats personally

Blog Entries

Would not mind going for GOLD , IN the overnight challege with her.

I reckon they might as well have fishing too, there is just about every other thing you can think of, bloody BMX bikes and stuff like that, to my way of thinking, the Olympics are more or less old style sports, things that have gone on for centuries, like, swimming, weightlifting, track and field, kind of one on one, personal duels (if you get what I mean) I didn't do all that well in history at school, but for the life of me, I can't ever remember seeing an ancient Roman on a BMX or using a shotgun.